Gaming Why wont my n2ds xl turn on??

Halbour

Love yourself
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Israel
So, i charged and tried to power on my device while charging it, as it was dead from low battery. it went trough the first boot process, then the power LED started force-shutted down it. a few months later, i tried again, but nothing. the LED wont even turn on. not CFW, SD card ok. HELP

KleinesSinchen

GBAtemp's Backup Reminder + Fearless Testing Sina
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
If the battery is completely dead and has been disabled by the protection circuit it won't accept any charge for safety reasons.
In this case, from the perspective of the N2DSXL, there is no battery connected. DS consoles won't turn on without a battery.

The first thing to try after attempting charging for some hours with a known good charger (verify charger with another DSi, 2DS or 3DS), is trying another battery.

!!Be careful!!
The N2DSXL is the worst DS when it comes to repairing. Even battery replacement is harder than on any other DS (trivial to do).
* The case halves are clicked together. Not easy to open. Have patience. I disagree with ifixit.com on this one. They say battery replacement is easy (see link below).
* I ripped off the notch of the volume slider when separating the two parts of a N2DSXL with broken upper screen (still have not tried repairing that unit…). Make sure not to apply any force on the slider when opening. If you're careful with the slider and the cables inside nothing bad should happen.
* Once open, the battery replacement is indeed very easy. Don't fully close the housing unless you're sure battery replacement did the trick (you should not separate the case halves more often than needed).

https://www.ifixit.com/Guide/New+Nintendo+2DS+XL+Battery+Replacement/98065

Good luck!

CMDreamer

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
If the 2DSXL hasn't been used "months ago" (assuming from your comment), then the battery is completely discharged, it won't charge "normally" and most likely will need another method. One that requires removing the battery from the unit and use an external voltage and amps controlled power source.

The LED turning on when trying to charge the battery, means the battery charging circuit is working, but not necessarily that the battery is charging correctly.

I agree with ifixit that replacing the 2DSXL battery is an easy job. Most of the time "easyness" of a process is a reflection of our own experience.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: good night