why won't my ds turn on?!

Discussion in 'NDS - Flashcarts and Accessories' started by zidane_genome, Aug 8, 2008.

Aug 8, 2008
  1. zidane_genome
    OP

Member zidane_genome My sword has a +2 bleeding... wanna test it out?

United States
    I recently replaced my top screen, and got a new shell...

After putting it all back together, I had a weird glitch... the top screen was artifacting on my bottom screen... I could see a light sepia version of the top screen graphcis on my bottom screen...

lived with it for about a week, and just couldn't stand it anymore. took the ds apart, and made sure all the ribbon cable connectors were clean, and reassembled it, but now it won't turn on!

I get a pop sound from the speakers, and if I disconnect the top screen, the bottom will power on long enough for a white screen, then turn off.

Someone please help?

PS it's a phat

2. Joey90

Member Joey90 Not around any more

United Kingdom
    If, when you disconnect the top screen the bottom flashes white, it means that the top screen is the issue...

Judging by the fact that neither flashes if you plug in both screens, I would guess the top screen is either partially connected, or faulty. (Or the ribbon cable has fractured)

3. Frederica Bernkastel

Member Frederica Bernkastel WebPerf and PWA advocate; @antoligy on Twitter

United Kingdom
    Replace both the ribbon, and the screen.

4. zidane_genome
    OP

Member zidane_genome My sword has a +2 bleeding... wanna test it out?

United States
    Fixed it... that damned ribbon cable is SOOOO freakin hard to get put back in properly...

For anyone else who feels they wanna take their phat apart, make sure that the long cable that connects both screens is SECURELY in place, and in all the way, but don't force it too much, it'll snap!