Why wont BootMii work?

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by Aijelsop, Jan 18, 2011.

Jan 18, 2011

Why wont BootMii work? by Aijelsop at 11:35 AM (2,257 Views / 0 Likes) 11 replies

1. Aijelsop
    OP

Newcomer Aijelsop Question Asker

United States
    It won't launch. I have even tried downloading it again and plugging it into my SD. It won't work. I go into the Hackmii Installer via HBC and it tells me I need a valid IOS or something and it won't do a fakesign.

I got BootMii to launch (creating a NAND) when I first softmodded my Wii.

How will I restore my NAND backup thing without BootMii?

Could it possibly be that I need to enter smash stack again rather than HackMii Installer via HBC?

2. Donkey Plonk

Member Donkey Plonk GBAtemp Fan

United Kingdom
    Let me guess, you've installed one of the corp's like darkcorp?
    The modify nearly all IOS' and bootmii needs a valid NON hacked IOS, a legit one.

You'll need dop mii to install one of the ios' that bootmii will install from, I'm not sure which ones these are.

But since your wii is already hacked you should have installed bootmii already so why do you want to reinstall it?
    If you installed it as boot2 then just make sure the files are on the sd card and it will boot at start up, if you installed as ios, go to the homebrew channel, press home and click launch bootmii

3. Aijelsop
    OP

United States
    I don't think I could install it as Boot2. If I get bricked, I need BootMii, right?

And yes, I have cIOS249

4. zizer

Member zizer GBAtemp Addict

5. Aijelsop
    OP

United States
  6. zizer

If you get bricked your only option is priiloeder

7. Donkey Plonk

United Kingdom
    Zizer, just trying to understand what you're on about? Thats the second thread I've seen you put a random comment on.
    Who mentioned bricking?
    Who mentioned priiloader?

Aijelsop, if you couldn't install as boot2 then you would have installed as IOS so boot it from the homebrew channel. As I just said, goto HBC, press home, click launch bootmii. Thats it!

8. zizer

i am mentioned priiloader. if installed bootmii as IOS -> bootmii useless -> priiloader ......

9. Donkey Plonk

United Kingdom
    Mate, the machine is not bricked.
    There is nothing wrong with it.
    He's trying to install bootmii but from what I can see, he just doesn't know how to launch it.

From what he's written I'm assuming he's trying to make a backup of his nand, in which case he just needs to launch bootmii, but he isn't doing that, he's launching the bootmii installer which if he followed a guide (and the fact he already has the HBC), he's probably installed it already just doesn't know how to launch it.

In fact just double checked, he said when he first hacked his wii he managed to use bootmii, so I'd say that spells it out to me, he's installed bootmii fine, he just doesn't know how to boot it up

10. zizer

calm down and forget it , lol

11. bazamuffin

Member bazamuffin RESIDENT DILF

United Kingdom
    We're assuming here that he bootmii IOS, not boot2. In which case he should be able to launch it from HBC by pressing Home and selecting Launch Bootmii. IF he has it as boot2 then his bootmii.ini file could be configured for boot delay = 0 which is why it's not 'booting' up at switch on

12. Aijelsop
    OP

United States
    Sorry, I really wasn't clear. I already made a NAND backup... when I first softmodded my Wii. The guide told me to format my SD and after that I haven't been able to get BootMii back...

I have tried adding the BootMii folder (get from downloading on the bootmii website) and it doesn't launch.

It is probably something to do with my cIOS I got. [​IMG]

I have an older Wii from 2006 and I think it wouldn't install as Boot2 because my Disc Drive broke [(n 2008?[before I got the HBC]) and I sent it to Nintendo. They fixed it (probably replacing it, and I noticed they reformatted my Wii, but kept the game saves and channels [channels were re-arranged differently and the Wii had a different name then what I had named it]) They also fixed my eject button which was broken. They could've fixed other stuff too, not sure though?