Splych

GBAtemp's Lurker
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Urr... I Pre-ordered Final Fantasy XIII for it to be shipped straight to my house. I checked the order history and it says...

The Book that I bought with it - Verifying - $39.99
Promo: Final Fantasy XIII Poster - Cancelled - $0.00
Promo: Final Fantasy XIII Handbook - Cancelled - $0.00
Final Fantasy XIII XB360 - Shipped - $64.99

Like WTF? Why was it cancelled? Did you guys receive it or was yours cancelled to? The promo items... So the poster and the mini guide. Honestly, this was the only reason I pre-ordered it at GameStop; for the Poster + Handbook. But since it says cancelled, I just wasted my money at GameStop... What can I do about this?

Slyakin

See ya suckers
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Maybe they miscalculated how much stock they were going to ship. Last time it happened to me, (pre-order of Diamond), they said they were sorry I couldn't get the Dialga stylus, and sent me a Palkia stylus, a Dialga Stylus, and that really cool stand for the two of them!

Splych

GBAtemp's Lurker
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
The game got shipped already. It's at the Purolator Pick-Up place and I am off to pick it up tomorrow I think. Once I pick the game up, I am not gonna open it up, I am gonna go straight to GameStop and complain to them about my order.

It still says that you can receive the Poster + Mini Guide if you buy it. My friend pre-ordered it but he bought it in store so he picked it up. When he gets online, I will ask him if he got the poster and guide book. If he did, I will seriously complain.

I emailed them, I check this order everyday and every 6 hours. If it weren't for me checking, I wouldn't have noticed. First it was the Poster and I checked now and it said the Handbook was cancelled [
I checked the History of the order at 4:00PM. I check again after 3 hours and it says the Handbook was cancelled aswell]

Ugh... Piss off.

The least they could've done was to email me and say :
"Oh sorry. We will not be able to ship [insert product name] because [insert reason here]"
Example: "Oh sorry. We will not be able to ship Your Final Fantasy XIII Poster + Mini Guide because we are at a shortage for these promo items"

I will never pre-order from them again... At least not online that is.

Hero_Of_Fate

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well at least you're getting it. My UPS courier sent my copy to the wrong damn house. Anyway, all this means is that they ran out of the pre-order bonus items. It's happened to me before.

Splych

GBAtemp's Lurker
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Woah... That's unfortunate. Was it a house in your neighbourhood? If it was, and they lived down the street, the must know your name and then gave it back right?

Bleh... If they ran out of Bonus Items, how come they state on the FFXIII 360 Page that you can still receive the poster + mini guide book if you buy it in-store or buy it online?

EDIT: The book I ordered it Temporarily Not Available Online... I might cancel that... Then just buy it in-store. GameStop sure is unreliable... Sigh...

iFish

Slower than a 90s modem
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
i pre-orderd the pokemon games (soul silver).... and EB games said "Hello, Geoff. you are pre-ordering too late and have only got 15 Lugia and 15 Ho-Oh. we got 15 SS pre-orders and 17 HG orders. if we get more we will call you. remember all the free promos we give you every summer? that is the extras we have."

this was in person. so but dood. it is "while supplies last" so i recommend calling and giving shit. make some noise

MelodieOctavia

Just your friendly neighborhood Transbian.
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
yourmom.com
XP
Country
Djibouti
Unfortunately it explicitly states on the website that the "bonus" items are just that, a bonus, and you are not entitled to them if they run out. You cannot and will not get a refund for not recieving your bonus items

That being said, there is a 7 day no questions asked return policy if your product is unopened. you can return it to Any store as far as I remember.

Splych

GBAtemp's Lurker
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Ah dudeonline, that makes so much more sense. I am calling em right now... Hopefully will get a response. I am gonna ask if it is possible to go to my near by GameStop and pick up a poster + book there. Then I will pick up my game at Purolator since no one was home when it got shipped here.

My friend received it in store... Hopefully, I am gonna get the poster at least....

EDIT: After calling the GameStop Customer Service, I was told that...
- The poster was discontinued
- The handbook was a USA only promo release

Either my friend is lying or the GameStop dude has nothing else to say and is lying. I really wish it is my friend lying... So at least he won't brag to me about not receiving the poster. Will print this sheet and show it to the worker at GameStop. Will ask if I can pick the poster up there
biggrin.gif

Phoenix Goddess

The Ninja's Protégée
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Splych said:
Ah dudeonline, that makes so much more sense. I am calling em right now... Hopefully will get a response. I am gonna ask if it is possible to go to my near by GameStop and pick up a poster + book there. Then I will pick up my game at Purolator since no one was home when it got shipped here.

My friend received it in store... Hopefully, I am gonna get the poster at least....

EDIT: After calling the GameStop Customer Service, I was told that...
- The poster was discontinued
- The handbook was a USA only promo release

Either my friend is lying or the GameStop dude has nothing else to say and is lying. I really wish it is my friend lying... So at least he won't brag to me about not receiving the poster. Will print this sheet and show it to the worker at GameStop. Will ask if I can pick the poster up there
biggrin.gif

I received my handbook, but it's a bit dull to me. If I knew you better, I'd send it to you
frown.gif

I hope someone is lying.

I saw a post somewhere else that says Canada's Gamestop should get it, I don't know if I can post the link or not but I'm guessing not.

Splych

GBAtemp's Lurker
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Okay... Looks like my over reaction was quite bad...

Here's what happened today:
- My dad picked up the package at the given address [some terminal].
- He then went to GameStop and showed the employee that it said the poster was cancelled + book
- The employee happily gave my dad the poster but the guide, i didn't really care, just the poster
- When he came home, he gave me this huge box and the poster
- I open the box and guess what, it had the game... AND IT HAD THE POSTER + GAME GUIDE [oh and something that looked like bubble wrap except it looked expensive]

Hmm... Now I have 2 posters...

Law

rip ninjacat that zarcon made me
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
Splych said:
Okay... Looks like my over reaction was quite bad...

Here's what happened today:
- My dad picked up the package at the given address [some terminal].
- He then went to GameStop and showed the employee that it said the poster was cancelled + book
- The employee happily gave my dad the poster but the guide, i didn't really care, just the poster
- When he came home, he gave me this huge box and the poster
- I open the box and guess what, it had the game... AND IT HAD THE POSTER + GAME GUIDE [oh and something that looked like bubble wrap except it looked expensive]

Hmm... Now I have 2 posters...

you should totally ship it to me since its my birthday in a few days

Splych

GBAtemp's Lurker
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
how the///
your profile says it is at May 13! no wait... this is the internet... it is full of lies.

i'll think about it... xD. it's nice to have 2 posters though :3

AIRplus-BIO_2-254x296.gif

^ that's the bubble wrap i was talking about.

DCG

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Splych said:
AIRplus-BIO_2-254x296.gif

^ that's the bubble wrap i was talking about.

Gaming companies often use those sheets. if you stand on them they give a nice bang.
I think these are a bit better than the foil becaus there is more air inside.

Forstride

The rudder moves when I turn the wheel
Trophies
Website
forstride.stormbit.net
XP
Country
United States
Why couldn't you just pre-order it in the store? That way you would most likely get the bonus stuff (I said most likely, because the store might run out too). I don't see why people need to order online when they have a GameStop close to them (Unless your's is far away).

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://youtu.be/3eGAHfC5P-Y?si=Fo3iEl1pZ4D_O6dp