Why was Goemon in so many N64 games?

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I don't know if the character was big in Japan but if I had to guess I would assume this was the tail end of the mascot era and this was the attempt to establish him as one, or use him.

AmandaRose

Do what I do. Hold tight and pretend it’s a plan
Trophies
Website
www.rockstarnorth.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I don't know if the character was big in Japan but if I had to guess I would assume this was the tail end of the mascot era and this was the attempt to establish him as one, or use him.
The character Goemon is based on the real life Ishikawa Goemon who is basically the Japanese version of Robin Hood. The stories and adventures of Ishikawa Goemon are hugely popular in Japan.

Reactions: H1B1Esquire

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Interesting. I wonder if this character has been cemented in the mind of many similar to how many characters have been cemented by their Disney versions.

AmandaRose

Do what I do. Hold tight and pretend it’s a plan
Trophies
Website
www.rockstarnorth.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Interesting. I wonder if this character has been cemented in the mind of many similar to how many characters have been cemented by their Disney versions.
This is a good 7 mins long video about his l
I find it interesting that he is so hugely popular in Japan because if you fully study his life you will discover he was actually a huge dick who is rumoured to have murdered his girlfriend for getting in his way ect. This youtube video is a good starting point on his life.

DJPlace

going hire Ronald McDonald To Gun Down Nintendo.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
He has been in games since 1986 on numerous systems lol

Wrong he was in 3.
Mystical Ninja staring Goemon 1997
Goemon Great Adventure 1998
Goemon Mononoke 1999

omg Goemon Mononoke looks like a mario party rip off but with no mini games.

also i was talking about USA releases.

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Not a bad choice from that game but plasmaman is where it is at

As for the real goemon. I had never really looked up his story before and somehow he never featured notably in anything I had seen (and that period of history is rather frequently contemplated in Japanese media I have seen).

Reactions: Subtle Demise

Manana

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
He seemed like a b*tch. Like a punk ass poor man's Brave Fencer Musashi.

Lmao, dead funny but hold up. Goemon games are clean as hell. Easily on par with musashi. Play great adventure with your homie or girl and tell me its not fun. Then throw a few brews in the mix and it's a rap. Its mario and cup head fused into a ridiculous, tough ass game.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

eof

General chit-chat
Help Users
    ButterScott101 @ ButterScott101: +1