Hacking Question Why the Nintendo consoles are always the first/only consoles hacked?

Master-Killua

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Peru
That's the question.
Ps4 and XOne have years around (1 year released after Wii u) and those consoles are not hacked yet (I mean playing backups and all that things)
Wii: 2006. Hacked 2008
Ps3: 2006. Hacked 2010.

Wii U: 2012. Hacked 2015.
Ps4: 2013. Not hacked.
XOne: 2013. Not hacked.

3DS: 2011. Hacked 2013 (Gateway)
PsVita: 2012. Hacked 2016

Switch: 2017. Hacked 2018 (Team Xecuter?)

The difference is obvious. Nintendo's consoles are always the first being hacked.
And that's not all.
Hackers always find a way for hack the Nintendo consoles. You can hack any Nintendo Fw version (3ds: 11.6/last version hacked. wii: 4.3/last version hacked. wii u: 5.5.2/last version...hacked).
In Sony or MS consoles you need to be in a specific FW version.

Even Ps4 or XOne, that have more sells than Wii U aren't hacked! Wii U that may have the half of all the Ps4 sells is already hacked! That's nuts!

And that's my question.

I'm a big Nintendo fan, but I don't like the "let's hack Nintendo first' idea...

guily6669

GbaTemp is my Drug
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
They're usually more popular and less secure.

Also, PS4 has been hacked. XBOX One lets developper run their code freely, leading hacking pointless.
Not to mention almost every xone exclusive is on PC nowadays lol.

PS4 is still screwed since I have latest FW, I think it will still take a long time until something solid appears on the current latest fw at that point in time (at least released to public) ;)

Last edited by guily6669,

Procyon

TheRealProcyon
Trophies
Website
discord.me
XP
Country
Netherlands
The Switch is more secure than past Nintendo consoles. The past consoles had errors pretty much everywhere. The Switch has fixed a lot of that.

Anyway, the Team Xecuter stuff hasn't been confirmed yet, as also team fail0verflow did a similar thing. It could very well be very limited/nothing important at all.

tech3475

Trophies
XP
Country
I suspect its a combination of interest and a combination of being relatively easy to hack.

The Wii would have probably been secure for years were it not for them keeping the SD card key and the common key in RAM when in GC mode.

All of their consoles may have also been unhacked for years if they included a 'homebrew mode' or at least involved said hackers rather than ringing up their workplace.

Last edited by tech3475,

tunip3

[debugger active]
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
That's the question.
Ps4 and XOne have years around (1 year released after Wii u) and those consoles are not hacked yet (I mean playing backups and all that things)
Wii: 2006. Hacked 2008
Ps3: 2006. Hacked 2010.

Wii U: 2012. Hacked 2015.
Ps4: 2013. Not hacked.
XOne: 2013. Not hacked.

3DS: 2011. Hacked 2013 (Gateway)
PsVita: 2012. Hacked 2016

Switch: 2017. Hacked 2018 (Team Xecuter?)

The difference is obvious. Nintendo's consoles are always the first being hacked.
And that's not all.
Hackers always find a way for hack the Nintendo consoles. You can hack any Nintendo Fw version (3ds: 11.6/last version hacked. wii: 4.3/last version hacked. wii u: 5.5.2/last version...hacked).
In Sony or MS consoles you need to be in a specific FW version.

Even Ps4 or XOne, that have more sells than Wii U aren't hacked! Wii U that may have the half of all the Ps4 sells is already hacked! That's nuts!

And that's my question.

I'm a big Nintendo fan, but I don't like the "let's hack Nintendo first' idea...
What counts as a hack and original Xbox was hacked before switch

Jayro

MediCat USB Dev
Developer
Trophies
Website
ko-fi.com
XP
Country
United States
Think about it from this point of view though... Many people who buy Nintendo consoles (including the handhelds) are families with children. I know MANY parents who come to me to "hack their kid's nintendo" so the kids can play free games. This way the parents can install new games occasionally for them as they come out, and aren't being drained of their cash constantly. So having Nintendo consoles get hacked and pwned can be quite convenient and necessary in some circumstances. (I'm pro-piracy by the way)

grossaffe

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Think about it from this point of view though... Many people who buy Nintendo consoles (including the handhelds) are families with children. I know MANY parents who come to me to "hack their kid's nintendo" so the kids can play free games. This way the parents can install new games occasionally for them as they come out, and aren't being drained of their cash constantly. So having Nintendo consoles get hacked and pwned can be quite convenient and necessary in some circumstances. (I'm pro-piracy by the way)
Parents aren't the ones creating the exploits. Those are the people you need to look to.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    ubisoft should #stopkillinggames ngl
  • Badcatalex @ Badcatalex:
    sony should #stopkillinggames
  • Badcatalex @ Badcatalex:
    they killed LittleBigPlanet online, which was the main core of every LBP game
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    for real
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    at least with them, it was because of the DDOS attacks, ubisoft was just scummy
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    fuck ubisoft, and fuck activision
    +1
  • realtimesave @ realtimesave:
    Nintendo needs to release a new console, switch is getting such shitty little games lately lol it's pathetic
  • Purple_Heart @ Purple_Heart:
    Lmao a new flashcart... The Unlock Switch... I knew it's not fake xD
    +1
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    A new consoles won't solve that problem
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    It will actually make it worse
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    well actually
    a new console won't do anything right now, because the games are still in development, that's why there are few games being released
    it won't make the games finish any faster
  • Veho @ Veho:
    2/3rds of launch titles for the Switch 2 will just be lazy ports of Switch games anyway.
    probably
    maybe mario kart 9 will be a launch title
    i really want a new mario kart
  • Veho @ Veho:
    What, you mean the endless stream of DLCs doesn't count?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Why develop a new game when you can just sell season passes forever?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I'm still on MKDS so I'm not bothered :tpi:
    i like the dlc tbh, i'd like a new game more
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    but the current version is still selling fine at full price
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Hello
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    sup
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @realtimesave, You seen the Unlock Switch flashcart yet?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'll see the 19.0 update that blocks use ability to it
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: I'll see the 19.0 update that blocks use ability to it