Why the F*ck will companies not release games on handhelds

Discussion in 'General Gaming Discussion' started by alucard77, Jun 5, 2009.

1. alucard77
    OP

Member alucard77 GBAtemp Fan

United States
    I am wondering if you guys will agree with me on this. But I am wondering why on goods green earth do companies refuse to release games on portable systems, that can be played on portable systems.

Three games that I have seen recently that come to mind are:

- New Super Mario Brothers Wii
    - Megaman 9
    - Monkey Island Special Edition

All of these games can easily be played by the DS or the PSP, but they are not on those systems. Why? What would be the harm?

I wonder if they can get Tales of Monkey Island working on PSP, should be able to.

It's just annoying as the only time I have to play video games is during my commute.

I really think that videogame consoles should go the way of the laptop. Where it is strong enough to play whatever you want, but you can take it to go.

Anyone agree with me on this?

2. Maikel Steneker

Member Maikel Steneker M3 Fanboy

Netherlands
    I completely agree with you. With New Super Mario Bros. Wii I can see the point (multiplayer is just much easier on the Wii, especially when you want 4 characters on the screen) but it definately could be done on the DS. Megaman 9 is pretty much a NES game, so there's no reason at all to not release it for the DS and PSP. I don't know about Monkey Island, but it's probably the same.

3. Joey Ravn

Member Joey Ravn F*** you, Nintendo!

Spain
    There's already a New Super Mario Bros. game on DS. Why should all the NSMB games be on DS? As you said, Megaman 9 is "pretty much a NES game", so releasing it on home consoles is staying truest to the original NES games it pays homage. If you're trying to emulate the feel of an old game, isn't playing it on the TV better than on a tiny screen? The same goes for Monkey Island. It's a PC game, best played on something as close as PC as possible.

I don't understand the logic behind "it must be ported to DS just because it's possible". Why don't they release DS games on Wii? It's entirely possible. Just look at FF:CC:Echos of Time.

Jeez. People just need to complain about something, don't they?

4. alucard77
    OP

Member alucard77 GBAtemp Fan

United States
    I think your missing the point, and like to complain about people who complain.

I have a new born at home which takes every waking minute of my time. The only time I could play games is on my commute. In fact, after marriage, the only time I have for gaming is on my commute.

So guess what, I miss out on a lot of good games because of that. It would be nice if I can play these games on the go.

If you have the time to play a game on the Wii at home, you have the time to play your DS or PSP at home. But if at home you don't have the time to play a system, but you commute, your screwed.

I know a lot of people have a hard time seeing beyond their own lives. But there are people out there that have different lives then you do. So yeah, it maybe bitching for you, but when you grow up and are in the same situation, you will see what I am talking about, and may be pissed yourself.

I hope that some one releases a great system that you can take with you on the go. Like a PSP on super crack. The closest thing I have been considering purchasing is a Netbook for some old school gaming, but that is still not setup for gaming. I also don't think the Pandora will ever come out. Maybe it will one day.