Hacking Why Slot1 Cards?

Chyper

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi,

i want to buy a flashcard soon. I've read many threads but one question still remains...why do slot1 cards exist in the first place when you can play GBA and NDS games from Slot2 cards? What's the use/benefit of the slot1 cards?

Besides that, i think the best slot1 card is the new cyclo evolution (waiting for the review :-))
What Slot2 card is to recommend? (for my GBA needs
biggrin.gif
)

Thanks for your answers.
Chyper

Chyper

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Thanks for your answers.

Which slot2 card would you guys suggest in combo with a cyclo evolution slot1 card?
Is that 3in1 combo card any good? can you manage your savegames or will they be overwritten every time you copy a new game to the 3in1 card?

4saken

Retired Ace Attorney
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
If you can bother waiting for them to release their soft reset code, the 3in1 would be a good choice with Rudolphs Tool, otherwise you can just use rudolphs tool/gbaldr to put GBA games on the 3in1.

If you're just interested in GBA, but want the storage, get the EZF4 Deluxe. I got an M3 Lite, and it's a good card, but it was too expensive; I'm looking to sell it and buy a 3in1.

Destructobot

Crave the Hammer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Is that 3in1 combo card any good? can you manage your savegames or will they be overwritten every time you copy a new game to the 3in1 card?
The 3 in 1 is very good for the price, and it is the only current slot 2 flashcart that will allow for GBA linkage with a slot 1 flashcart. I got one because it was cheap, to hold me off until I could afford an M3 lite, but it has become so useful that I'm just going to stick with it.

You can manage the saves. They stay on the cart until you write a different game to it or back them up manually.

lemmiwinks64

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Do GBA games get written to the slot 2 card through that rudolph program? And if you can manually manage the saves, how do they get sent back to your micro sd card?

GirAiD

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.giraid.com
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for your answers.

Which slot2 card would you guys suggest in combo with a cyclo evolution slot1 card?

which 3 in 1 card are you guys talking about? does it support DS browser? Does it work with G6 real?

Destructobot

Crave the Hammer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Do GBA games get written to the slot 2 card through that rudolph program? And if you can manually manage the saves, how do they get sent back to your micro sd card?
Yes, Rudolph's 3in1 Expansion Pack Tool, or GBALdr if you don't care about running games from PSRAM.

Saves are automatically written to the slot 1 cart (by the 3in1 Tool or GBALdr) when you load a different GBA game on the 3-in-1, or you can back up the save manually whenever you want.

which 3 in 1 card are you guys talking about? does it support DS browser? Does it work with G6 real?
The EZ-Flash 3-in-1 Expansion Pack. It was designed for use with the EZ-V, but it can be used with any slot 1 cart that has full DLDI support.

The G6 Real does not have a DLDI driver yet, so it cannot currently be used with the 3-in-1.

dbgtdob

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for your answers.

it does not work with G6 real, since the program made by rudolf they were talking about is for M3 simply and R4, and the other one out requires you to dldi patch it, it will work once G6 real releases their dldi patch, if they do that is.

Ez flash V 3 in1

GBA rom/Nintendo Ds browser/Rumble pack is what 3 in 1 stands for, it plays gba roms, it is browser ram and it rumbles.

Destructobot

Crave the Hammer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
the program made by rudolf they were talking about is for M3 simply and R4
This is incorrect. Rudolph's 3in1 tool will work with any slot 1 cart that has full DLDI support, it just happens to have an extra feature (soft reset) that only works on the R4, M3 Simply and DSLink.

Soft reset is used for enabling rumble and the web browser expansion, it is not needed for playing or managing GBA games.

GirAiD

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.giraid.com
XP
Country
United States
it's like one cannot get G6's nice UI without certain sacrifice. I got the G6 lite for the UI, now it cannot act like RAM pack as for M3 and SC. I got G6 real for the UI, and it's does not work with EZ 3 in 1. sigh... I wish the M3 team would use the G6 UI too. I'm sure it's not a problem, I think they just want to leave market share for G6...

TLSpartan

Kills threads
Trophies
XP
Country
Buy an EZF4 Lite Deluxe. They are the greatest for GBA ROMs(I havent had any problems yet or slowdowns). They also use Micro SD's

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy: I'm finally gonna get this NAS racked and powered on tonight, install truenas core, and burn the...