Why show of in your signature?

Discussion in 'The Edge of the Forum' started by tjas, Mar 17, 2008.

1. tjas
    OP

tjas The Gbatemp HRManager

Sep 10, 2006
    Netherlands
    BoZ
    Why do people show the ''hardware'' they have in their signature? Is it to show of? Is it to look interesting? Or is it to inform people... which I find useless... why would I care if you have a 1gb japan micro sd card.. [​IMG]

Your thoughts!

(showoffs!)
    [​IMG]

2. sk3tch

sk3tch GBAtemp Fan

Mar 5, 2008
    United States
    I post it for troubleshooting/information purposes. I post more often on teamcyclops.com's forums (which has been down for days now, btw) and it's nice to be able to post something when helping someone and not have to re-hash your specs, etc. every time.

3. JPH

JPH Banned

Banned
    Jul 11, 2006
    United States
    lol, why not?

4. matriculated

matriculated GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Sep 27, 2007
    Canada
    I think most people do it to show off. Personally, I find avatars and sigs a waste of bandwidth.

5. Knab

Knab GBAtemp Fan

Jul 6, 2006
    United States
    i do it cause its cool and all the cool kids are doing it [​IMG]

........you want to be cool.....dont you?

6. Hooya

Hooya GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Aug 25, 2006
    United States
    Central Illinois
    Avatars are handy to identify users at a quicker visual glance than reading names.

I have my hardware in my sig that is relevant to the forum that I'm in. So here I post my Wii and modchip information so people know what I'm using if I have success or failure with something. Same thing by posting my flashcard information. In GBAtemp my sig has been pretty limited, but in WiiNewz I have all that information.

In NeoWin I have my full computer specs so if I post a question anyone can see what kind of system I'm running. It's there to be useful, not to show off my e-penis (which my computer specs would make me a micro anyway).

7. dakeyras

dakeyras GBAtemp Regular

Oct 1, 2007
    Netherlands
    My signature serves the greater good.

8. fischju

fischju Rehabilitated Jaywalker

Jan 11, 2008
    United States