Why Should I Get Flashcard X Over Flashcard Y?

Discussion in 'NDS - Flashcarts and Accessories' started by Simsoy, Oct 16, 2013.

1. Simsoy
    OP

Simsoy Member

Newcomer
    Aug 13, 2013
    United States
    Old questions, yes, "what flashcard should I buy?". So with Pokemon X&Y out I updated. And now I need a new flashcard. For the past two I've gotten ACE3DS, regardless of how crappy of a company they might be releasing a new piece of hardware for every software update to force you to buy a new one, I've enjoyed their flashcards. They are cheap too, so it helps that I can go though 4 updates at the price of one more expensive flashcard.

But, Supercard is starting to look good. So my question is this, is there any reason why I should buy the Supercard DSTwo over the ACE3DS plus? I don't know to much about the Supercard other than for the fact that it's $40 and can also emulate GBA games with it's extra power.

Is the DSTwo worth the upgrade, especially if I'm not really going to buy any new 3DS games for a long time?

2. Lilith Valentine

Lilith Valentine GBATemp's Wolf-husky™ Melodramatic fool

Sep 13, 2009
    Antarctica
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    There is pretty much a thread already made for this
    http://gbatemp.net/threads/which-flash-cart-should-i-get.290097/

You should buy the DSTwo because it uses an on-board CPU and RAM allowing it always update past the 3DS updates, meaning it can always be updated, unlike the ACE3DS which uses a hacked version of Wood R4 and is a cheap crap clone, which can easily be blocked and most likely stay blocked meaning you need to buy a new card for that update. Not to mention the DSTwo can emulate GBA and SNES games, their not perfect emulations, but they are damn good for a flashcard. It is worth the 40$ extra.
    Not to mention buying one from nds-card.com helps support the Temp! :mthr:

3. Another World

Another World Emulate the Planet!

Former Staff
    Jan 3, 2008
    Colombia
    From Where???
    There is one really good reason, the SCDS2 isn't a shitty unsupported clone, much like the "Ace3ds".

-another world

The Catboy likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice