Hardware why should i buy the pro controller?

JacksonS

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay, well, it's $70. And I don't think it's wasted because it has to be much more comfortable than the Joy-Con. I don't have a Pro controller yet, but if it's anything like the Wii U Pro controller, it will be very comfortable and worth $70.

grossaffe

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well for one, it's an option to use for multiplayer. Then there's the question of comfort, but that comes down to personal opinion. Same with having an actual D-pad. And having buttons made out of the squishy membrane rather than clicky tact-switches.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Okay, well, it's $70. And I don't think it's wasted because it has to be much more comfortable than the Joy-Con. I don't have a Pro controller yet, but if it's anything like the Wii U Pro controller, it will be very comfortable and worth $70.
He's Canadian, so I'm giving him the benefit of the doubt of them costing $100 CAD.

Reactions: TotalInsanity4

Sonic Angel Knight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
well Damn O_O

If i had to pay 100$ for a controller, i'll rip out my own spinal cord and use it for the 40 seconds i'm still alive. :P

I mean i don't have one yet. But i mean is kinda expensive. But what do we expect. Bluetooth 4.1, Gyrosensing, HD rumble, and ummm the other stuff. One **** JOYCON is $50 all cause of HD RUMBLE, gryosensing, Infared, Bluetooth, and the materials, the rail stuff and wireless charing or whatever. only way this stuff would have been cheap if it was just a basic wii mote like before, with classic controller pro. But you know, since the games "Actually use this as part of the exciting intense gameplay of HD rumble, Motion controls" (I use quotes as sarcasm for is unnecessary) Then sure, is gonna cost that much. I count on wii vc being ported with the idea behind these controls. :glare:

But to be honest, a standard control is the basic and fundemental of video games. Having one validate the existence of a gamer and we use them cause is just much better than the gimmick controls. :P

Monado_III

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I want one eventually, the joycon grip is pretty uncomforable for my lower fingers as they are pressed up against the back of the joycons and they can't really grip much. $90CAD/70USD is a lot but it if works with my PC laglessly I might consider it worth it.

Last edited by Monado_III,

xile6

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
To each there own.
I dont need a pro controller. The Grip fulls great to me.
I have 2 sets of joys and a charge grip. I normally play in the charge grip or handheld mode with the ones attached. No need for the pro controller here.
So if you dont think you need one then you dont need it

slingblade1170

Trophies
Website
xtremehack.net
XP
Country
United States
The pro controller costing $70 isn't different from ms or sony. New Ps4 cost $65 and Xbox one is the same except for special edition controller they are $74.99 and people still buy them. The pro controller is much more comfortable than the joy cons and eventually will be needed for multiplayer. Also the tech in it makes it worth it, hd rumble, motion controls, nfc reader etc.

Noctosphere

Nova's Guardian
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
The pro controller costing $70 isn't different from ms or sony. New Ps4 cost $65 and Xbox one is the same except for special edition controller they are $74.99 and people still buy them. The pro controller is much more comfortable than the joy cons and eventually will be needed for multiplayer. Also the tech in it makes it worth it, hd rumble, motion controls, nfc reader etc.
well here in canada, they arent
ps4/xbo controller are like 60CAD

tech3475

Trophies
XP
Country
I got the pro controller for a more reasonable £35 as oppose to £60-70, compared to the joy cons/grip I find the pro controller much more comfortable to use thanks to the better spacing and more traditional 'feel'.

Would I buy one at full price? No, but at the price I paid Im glad I got it.

Noctosphere

Nova's Guardian
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
To each there own.
I dont need a pro controller. The Grip fulls great to me.
I have 2 sets of joys and a charge grip. I normally play in the charge grip or handheld mode with the ones attached. No need for the pro controller here.
So if you dont think you need one then you dont need it
i often see that, charge grip, is it another term for the joycon grip or theyre different thing?

slingblade1170

Trophies
Website
xtremehack.net
XP
Country
United States
well here in canada, they arent
ps4/xbo controller are like 60CAD
I'm not in Canada but the price of switch pro controller can't be much more and the Xbox one and PlayStation controllers did cost just as much if not more when they were released and still cost near that now and don't carry hd rumble and nfc reader.

Don't buy it if you don't need it. If you like the joy cons then play with them.

Last edited by slingblade1170,

xile6

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i often see that, charge grip, is it another term for the joycon grip or theyre different thing?
Charge grip has a usb-c port on top and lets you charge your joycons while there in this mount. It has a little more weight to it then the normal grip that comes with the switch.

Trophies
XP
Country
France
I bought two years ago a Wii U Pro Controller for €45 and I am not regretting my buy. Much more compfortable than the Wii U Gamepad, very strong rumble, etc. Best controller for MK8 also. And the Switch PC is even better, woith HD Rumble and gyroscope. Oh, and there's a D-Pad as opposed to the Joycons :P

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: @SylverReZ, Indeed lol