Why release the SCDStwo now! It's not completey finished yet&#

Discussion in 'Supercard' started by tajio, May 22, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tajio
    OP

Member tajio GBAtemp Fan

United Kingdom
    Why!? I mean come on sending out an unfinished product to their customers is just ... stupid, I guess. I really want the Movie Playback feature, but no, they "need more time to develop it" and the SNES emu is not ready yet, GBA emu is not working properly for some games.

I spent $40 on this. I heard that Supercard lied in the past. But I am willing to wait.

2. iamthemilkman

Member iamthemilkman GBAtemp Fan

United States
    Amen. This is the last time I get caught in hype.

3. Leonidas

Member Leonidas GBAtemp Fan

Slovenia
    Well as a flashcart it's not too bad, since NDS support is on par with other carts. It's just the extra stuff that's nowhere to be seen. I've been wondering why they didn't use Iplayer's video player, if they claim dstwo uses the same hardware? At least GBA emulator is the same for both. I am very seriously in doubt about the SNES emulator though. I don't think it will be ready for a while, unless they release a SDK or something like that.

4. waffle1995

Member waffle1995 GBAtemp Regular

United States
    they are 2 different type of snes emulator app, the supercard team should port if for now untill they can come up with a better 1

but i dont care about snes feature. it just a idea.

5. creativ

Member creativ GBAtemp Regular

Germany
    Because , not every guy want a media feature or snes emu or whatever

and i think lots of people want the scdstwo now and not so late

6. Overlord Nadrian

Banned Overlord Nadrian Banned

Belgium
    Why hate on it? The SuperCard team is still the best team for updates, so it won't take too long till you see your beloved SNES emulator. And there's been a firmware update just now for the DSTWO, so go download it. Meanwhile, regarding the SNES emulation, just play the games on an emulator, jeeze. Impatient people.

7. tajio
    OP

Member tajio GBAtemp Fan

United Kingdom
    Same. I'll just wait for things to be completely finished and then buy it, I'll consider a lesson learn't. It's not to bad if they do actually release the promised features sometime soon [​IMG] but the NDS support is good I guess plus EOS is sweet.

But I bet some can make a homebrew media player for SCDStwo, it's possible.

8. Escape

Member Escape GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    Oh god... all people can do is whine, whine and whine.
    Yes, they did have problems with the card, and half of the features are not in it yet, but they did promise them. Supercard Team is a trusted team, so they will definitely fulfill their promises.

The only reason they did release it early is because many have been waiting for it, and many shops already had it pre-ordered. The team promised the card to come out already in new years eve, but had many problems with it... you can't blame them for releasing it earlier, they had no choice - people have been waiting for ages... I mean, what do you prefer: having the card now and the features several weeks later, or getting the card with all the features together but only after a while?

And I don't see the problem with the price... you can get it for like $33 at priceangels.
    I mean - come on! you can't cry about that, the iPlayer costs more and doesn't offer half the features the SC2 does (or will).

9. WaffleDee

Newcomer WaffleDee Advanced Member

Canada
    I also find it funny how people complain about the price when a ds game can cost nearly as much.
    Besides, from what I hear it's only the new features that people are complaining about. Those will be fixed eventually, but the NDS compatibility and GUI seem very good.
    People just want everything right away [​IMG]

10. iamthemilkman

Member iamthemilkman GBAtemp Fan

United States
    As it stands though, there are better options for cheaper.

If and when the Suprcard team fixes everything and makes right, then I'll praise the Supercard DSTWO. Right now it gets a C or C-.

11. Overlord Nadrian

Banned Overlord Nadrian Banned

Belgium
    Oh yeah? Tell me about them then, cos I'm interested in what you think could possibly be better. And if you dare suggest AceKard or Cyclo, I'll kick you in the nuts. Those cards are dead. The only support they get is by the community, the teams do absolutely nothing and just sit on their lazy bums.

12. Crystal the Glaceon

Member Crystal the Glaceon GBAtemp Inkling™ Squishies~

Antarctica
    OMG people? Really? Would you people stop complaining already? It's not finished, big whoop, give them time to finish the firmware. No card on the market was released with a perfect track record. So enough of this already and just stop acting like a child and wait for them to finish it.

13. DiscostewSM

Member DiscostewSM GBAtemp Psycho!

United States
    As it is right now, it is a finished product because it works with what it has. The additional software packages are just that, additions. If the package didn't work, then that's considered an unfinished product. Nothing is perfect at launch, just look at Microsoft. People complain about their stuff, but they use it nonetheless.

And to each person complaining, go ahead and make a better product. You can't? Then sit down, shut your mouth, and have a little patience.

14. Escape

Member Escape GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States

"Better options"? Can you find me a card that plays GBA roms and NDS roms on the DSi?
    And don't start saying that the GBA emulator sucks or something like that, because so far it's 'aint that bad.

I've been reading your comments about the card, and all you do is whine about it.
    You didn't even give it a chance... trying to sell it already after receiving it.
    Not trying to judge you or anything like that, but you should definitely give it some time.
    Look at that other topic for an example - Kentoss already changed his mind about it.

15. Seraph

Member Seraph GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    But there aren't better options for cheaper. What slot-1 only carts offer both GBA and RTS right now? And which ones can be updated in the future to obtain the features of the DS2? I may only feel this way because I bought this cart mostly for the GBA, but after owning an AKRPG I can see what features the DS2 has in advantage.

If SC were to delay the card again, we'd probably hear a lot more people complaining about that.

16. Ammako

Member Ammako GBAtemp Guru

Canada
    Aw, come on. The SCDSTWO is finished.
    Open up yours and tell me, is there anything missing on the PCB?

The real question is "Why not release the SCDSTWO now?"

17. Crystal the Glaceon

Antarctica
    Are you suggesting the only other 2 cards? [​IMG]
    There are 2 slot 1 cards with GBA support
    The Ex4 and the iPlayer. And the Ex4 isn't out (As far as I know)
    And if your suggesting slot2 cards, that doesn't help with the DSi. So I fail to see the point in what you are suggesting there.

18. Saddamsdevil

Member Saddamsdevil GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United Kingdom
    Even without these features this card is better than all other carts in any price range.

I don't see why all you people complain.

19. GreatCrippler

Member GreatCrippler Greatness Fallen

United States
    GBA Emulator is crap compared to the Supercard's? As far as I can tell they're friggin identical.

20. Crystal the Glaceon

Antarctica
    It's crap in that I mean the GBA emulation as supporting team compared to the iPlayer. So I mean it's not any better now, but later it will be better.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.