Hacking Why only cIOSCorp for loading burned games...

harmor

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Why isn't there a single patched IOS we can install to allow burned games to load via Disc Channel instead of using cIOSCorp?

Krestent

What to post?
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Because the Disc Channel loads whatever IOS the game calls for, so for example if we have a game that wants IOS53, then it will load IOS53. If there is a regular IOS there, then the game will stop because an original IOS doesn't know how to handle DVD-R. cIOSCORP replaces ALL IOSs with cIOSs so that problem won't occur.

harmor

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
jazvdb said:
Do you even know what ur talking about?
No. I do not.

QUOTE(tattar8 @ Feb 4 2010, 05:22 PM) Because the Disc Channel loads whatever IOS the game calls for, so for example if we have a game that wants IOS53, then it will load IOS53. If there is a regular IOS there, then the game will stop because an original IOS doesn't know how to handle DVD-R. cIOSCORP replaces ALL IOSs with cIOSs so that problem won't occur.

I knew cIOSCorp replaces every IOS with a custom IOS but I did not know how the disc channel loaded games.
Thank you for the explanation.

VashTS

Beat it, son
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
tattar8 said:
Because the Disc Channel loads whatever IOS the game calls for, so for example if we have a game that wants IOS53, then it will load IOS53. If there is a regular IOS there, then the game will stop because an original IOS doesn't know how to handle DVD-R. cIOSCORP replaces ALL IOSs with cIOSs so that problem won't occur.

Or is it that it knows NOT to load a dvd-r?

Yeah this post is toast

harmor

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
VashTS said:
tattar8 said:

Or is it that it knows NOT to load a dvd-r?

Yeah this post is toast

What I assumed happens is that the Disc Channel uses an IOS to launch the game then when the game is launched it reloads to the IOS the game calls for.

giantpune

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
for the same reason people cant shit gold. thats just not how things work. it doesnt matter how much or how nicely you ask for it. it just doesnt work that way.

OSW

Wii King
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
It IS possible to patch system menu to force disks to use one IOS (i.e. 249) from disk channel, as there used to be preloader hacks for this (I don't think they have been created for 4.2 yet, but I'm pretty sure 4.0 and below had it).

However, the compatability is far inferior to using cioscorp. You will probably experience error messages on loading many games.

mauifrog

DA KINE WiiHacker
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I just tested the ios249 system menu hack, it is useless. Lego Indiana would not read, Mario Kart tried to load, but crashed after the warning screen. Use a loader installed as a channel, load from usb, or bite the bullet and install cIOSCORP.

As for what the ios do. The system ios loads the game, which reloads whatever ios it uses. Only one ios can run at any given time.

xzxero

♥bong milk does good for the brain♥
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
D34DL1N3R said:
Instead of cioscorp, patch the discs to 249 and use priiloader to force the disc channel to use 249.
doing this will result in a number of #002 errors especially with newer games.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Just 6 but dual band 6 lol