Homebrew Why not a Gbatemp sponsored homebrew contest 2016?

Would you take part in a 3DS homebrew contest?

• I would work on a project myself.

Votes: 16 28.6%
  • I would be a bystander, interested in following news and results.

Votes: 40 71.4%
  • Nope, it is just a bad idea.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

sarkwalvein

There's hope for a Xenosaga port.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
What about sponsoring some 3DS homebrew contest? (kind of a suggestion)

I mean, put some deadline so that people that are bored get a goal and make whatever they want for 3DS. Be it a game, engine, emulator, app, whatever.
The deadline can even be used as a goal to release a milestone version of an ongoing project.

The prize for the contest is the least relevant, the best prize could be perhaps getting a news article listing the most outstanding entries, with screenshots, descriptions, review, whatever.

See it as a way of promoting development, also giving some more publicity to projects, and the most important part making something to heat the things up and avoid deadly boredom.

(This is not really a new idea, this was commonplace in the past)

Last edited by sarkwalvein,

TechyTurtle

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It be a goos idea but honestly its very hard to do . If anything the winners should be by console instead of grand winner . They prize should be a boost in status or a cool theme or wat ev

Reactions: Lotoonlink

Lotoonlink

Probably doesn't know what he's talking about
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It be a goos idea but honestly its very hard to do . If anything the winners should be by console instead of grand winner . They prize should be a boost in status or a cool theme or wat ev
Yhea, they could have a cool marker on their user profile or like a cool badge or something.

raulpica

With your drill, thrust to the sky!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I've already proposed this same idea to the rest of the staff a few months ago and nothing came out of it. So don't hold your breath for another one happening, but who knows. Maybe our great Lord @Costello will surprise us :P The PSVita and 3DS scene are quite active these days!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: douche