Hacking why nintendo won't give 3ds a piracy security?

Status
Not open for further replies.

stevePlays

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
i love 3DS so much the beautiful thing that i love is to install cias and play them (if i don't have money to buy the games)

Adran_Marit

Walküre's Hacker
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
7DD753A52C8BB98273532E12463385BE36E85968

I own the hardware, they can only stop me from accessing their services. Such is life, I don't want to play online with my nintendo console. It's for family gaming at home, not online.

SCOTT0852

shiny rubber creature
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
why do people make open source homebrew apps, CFW interface etc.
It's fun making the hardware do things it was never meant to do that it's easily capable of. Some people also want to make games without paying for an expensive dev kit, as any old 3DS running Luma and the debugger is all that mosts devs need.
all these things are ILLEGAL
Piracy might be illegal, but developing your own software is totally fine. The free 3DS sdks are completely legal to use for free, and you can write whatever code you want and do whatever you want with it as long as you don't make stuff like piracy tools, which are obviously illegal.
Luma3DS should never exist
Why not? It's just a collection of patches to the OS (oversimplified, but good enough for this instance)
also hacking methods like ntrboot, seedminer, frogminer etc.
NTRBoot exists due to an oversight in the bootrom (which you can research yourself, it's not that simple). The miner methods exist due to an oversight in TWL_FIRM (aka DS(i) mode) where the console can access the entire CTRNAND (aka 3DS system memory) when it should really only be able to access TWL_FIRM and especially shouldn't be able to access FIRM0 and FIRM1 (aka the things that the 3DS runs when it turns on).
nintendo should improve that 2 screens handheld thing
It's a little hard for them to improve something that came out all the way back in 2011.
i don't know why they hack the console
Running custom code is a big one. Just that lets you do things like custom themes, custom badges, running older games in emulators, dumping your cartridge games to your SD card, and way more. There even used to be a thing that let you go on Miiverse even after it shut down, although it's currently down. Of course, some people will use it for piracy, but that isn't the main point of it, only a side effect of the same signature patches that allow homebrew on your home menu and legally-created game dumps.

Reactions: TurdPooCharger

stanleyopar2000

RIP Yuzu. "It is always morally correct..."
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
hacking 3ds and installing free games are illegal also why do people make open source homebrew apps, CFW interface etc. all these things are ILLEGAL :angry:

There's the door. You're more than welcome to get the fuck out with your trolling

EDIT: they do. It's the numerous and fucking useless "stability" updates. It's just the majority of users are smart enough to buy an outdated handheld

Last edited by stanleyopar2000,
Reactions: fyredragon
Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @CameronCataclysm...