1. ForgotWhoIam

ForgotWhoIam GBAtemp Fan

United States
    Nintendo NOT port a well regarded game from their past vs. making a worthy sequel? The old port will win every time.

2. RichardTheKing

RichardTheKing GBAtemp Regular

Australia
    This is likely why we haven't gotten a brand-new, proper Legend of Zelda game on the Switch - they'd rather remake Link's Awakening, and create the open-world, hindrance-heavy abomination named Breath of the Wild. Nintendo has yet to make a worthy Legend of Zelda "sequel", as you put it, on the Switch.

...Though they did release Xenoblade 2 before Xenoblade: Definitive, so...that's a pass.

3. Scott_pilgrim

Scott_pilgrim Gbatemp’s official Scott pilgrim fanatic

United States
    i mean botw wasn't that bad, it was nnot as amazing as some said, but still really good(of course, the only zelda i played before was the first one, so take everything i say with a grain of salt)

4. The Real Jdbye

The Real Jdbye Always Remember 30/07/08

Norway
    Well, this thread aged poorly.

MAXLEMPIRA and Stealphie like this.
  5. RichardTheKing

Australia
    True - it wasn't "that bad", or "amazing".
    It was abysmal.

Equipment fragility, stamina, slow and clunky combat, repetitive shrines, overpowered enemies (got one-shotted by a Bokoblin on horseback), slow climbing that gets all but negated by rain, resource grinding (wood, flowers, bugs, etc.)...Skyward Sword was more tolerable than this.

Bladexdsl, Tumbleweed and voddy like this.
  6. voddy

voddy No Title Available

United States
    Omg so true except strong enemy xD

Tumbleweed likes this.
  7. Tumbleweed

Tumbleweed GBAtemp Regular

Italy
    Funny I truly loved OOT, Links Awakening both old and new but BOTW despite being graphically beautiful It felt to
    me pretty much like the 2 comments above.

A bothering hoarding items game without the true Zelda feeling and dungeons...I’ve bought the switch because of it and
    odyssey but I confess I put very few hours on it and every time I think about revisiting the game I give
    up when I recall all the boredom of it.

Last edited by Tumbleweed, Sep 23, 2020
    RichardTheKing likes this.
  8. nero99

nero99 GBAtemp Addict

United States
    you sir are a very negative person.

Scott_pilgrim likes this.
  9. Scott_pilgrim

United States
    huh. i liked almost every thing you noted(except rain, and fragility, fuck you rain, i hope the guy responsible for you got fired)

10. RichardTheKing

Australia
    I don't actually know my blood type, so...I could be a "negative person". I could even be "a negative person".

However, I do quite enjoy Fire Emblem Warriors. It's a fun, mindless game; the kind of thing that's perfect when I just want to waste time without starting a new save in something story-heavy, like Okami HD or Xenoblade 2. The only real flaw is the lack of male spear-wielding units - there's none. There's also only one male axe-wielder (Frederick), but that's good enough; the bow's covered by Takumi and Niles, while magic's done by Robin and Leo. Swords...they're the most populous weapon type; Rowan, Corrin, Ryoma, Xander, Chrom, Marth, Navarre, Owain. The game needed more DLC, honestly, bringing in some male lance-users.
    Oh, and Fire Emblem Warriors needed a better gender ratio; there's 11 male units, 19 female units, and 2 units that can be either (Corrin and Robin). Of these two, the male Robin and female Corrin are used in the story (with the other sex being locked behind History Mode), so it's really 12 male and 20 female. Yeah, no, that's just disgusting; should be the other way around.

I also find some mindless fun in Pokemon Picross - after solving the Picrat issue with a blank plugin and its RAM editor function, anyway.
    Oh, and Explorers of Sky is an amazing game too; it's got one hell of an emotional ending, the story is quite good, the gameplay is decent, and it kicks the pants off the 3DS PMD games - and Rescue Team DX, what with Explorers of Sky's exploitable Wonder Mail S system (very useful to maximising the usefulness of each day - able to create the max of eight jobs, all in the same dungeon. Also useful for getting a Tight Belt, to negate Belly depletion, along with other hard-to-get or grindy items, like the Unown Rocks for Aegis Cave, evolution items, Wonder Gummis, TMs, and more).

Have I ever mentioned how much I adore Xenoblade Chronicles 2? It's my favourite Switch game, by far, thanks to its lovable cast of characters, great story and gameplay, and how it lacks annoyances like permanently-missable content (which plagued the first XC game) and locking Art upgrades behind random "Art Manual" loot. It's the Switch game I've put by far the most time into - more than five hundred hours, for sure. It also has something rarely seen in RPGS, in a Custom difficulty - where the player can alter various settings, like enemy HP, enemy attack strength, enemy attack frequency, how quickly (or slowly) several in-battle timers deplete, and more. Truly a brilliant game, despite the gachapon system, Tiger! Tiger!, several Blade Affinity Chart nodes being absolute murder to get, and the lack of good tutorials (and even the ability to review old tutorials, something the original XC had - why remove it?).

AkiraKurusu likes this.
  11. Scott_pilgrim

United States
    why is that a bad thing?

12. RichardTheKing

Australia
    Not enough male characters. There's plenty of awesome men in Fire Emblem (even before Echoes was released), but only a few of them got in.
    Where's Inigo? Subaki and Hayato? Vaike? There's one spear-wielder, one more magic-user, one more axe-wielder. Gerome? That's a male axe-wielder who can fly, too. Then there's the DS, GBA and GCN games, which I've not really played, so the characters in them aren't as familiar; there's still quite a few male spear-wielders in those titles that should've made the cut.

AkiraKurusu and Scott_pilgrim like this.
  13. Scott_pilgrim

United States
    Ohhh, you should
    have specified that, the way you worded it made it sound like you think more women than men in a game is bad

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

Shit lag

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

Shit lag
    Fuck you atnt

14. Memoir

Memoir Hi, I'm Cynical!

United States
    Reasons why Nintendo won't port yet another WiiU title to the Switch:

Oh.. We wouldn't know...

Last edited by Memoir, Sep 23, 2020
    Scott_pilgrim likes this.
  15. RichardTheKing

Australia
    Well, that too. Either make it 50/50, or make men outnumber women.
    I don't like female fighters, so seeing them so drastically outnumbering men...is quite sickening, especially with such a large cast of men to choose from.[/QUOTE]

AkiraKurusu likes this.
  16. Scott_pilgrim

United States
    [/QUOTE]
    Why don’t you like female fighters?

17. RichardTheKing

Australia
    A resentment towards violent, forceful girls and women stemming from being bullied by two girls and being neglected by a female teacher in Years 5 and 6, that didn't get resolved through high school thanks to no-one realising how deep-seated and severe that resentment became (I only realised it after starting uni, and having to interact with women again - I went to an all-boys high school). I wasn't violent at all; kept it hidden inside of me, only coming out in the privacy of my bedroom.

So yeah, I cannot stand violent, aggressive women, even after realising that resentment. I prefer more traditional women, and I prefer to have men in my games - that's just me.

Last edited by RichardTheKing, Sep 23, 2020
    AkiraKurusu likes this.
  18. Scott_pilgrim

United States
    Ohh that explains a lot

19. Bladexdsl

Bladexdsl ZOMG my posts...it's over 9000!!!

Australia
    lets not forget the countless shrines with all the puzzles that can be bypassed by using runes. Or how about finding 100 seeds to get the lamest fucking prize ever in existence it's literally a shit in your face!

botw is a souless zelda game that has nothing what makes a great zelda game and that's real exploration.
    which is you see a chest or heart piece on some cliff or inside some weird box or behind a door you cannot open and you wonder how can i get that? So you ignore it for now and tag the location in your mind because you know sooner or later your going to get an item that can get you in there.
    Oh that's right botw didn't have items...or heart pieces to find instead it has lame seeds and all the chests you can just climb up and grab easily. and they all contained the same thing lame weapons that break after a few uses or money. it's a fucking climbing simulator that's what it is.
    deffinately does not deserve a perfect 10!

RichardTheKing and AkiraKurusu like this.
  20. Scott_pilgrim

United States
    We may disagree on botw but we can agree on one thing, fuck you rain, shittest mechanic in an open world game

RichardTheKing and AkiraKurusu like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - Nintendo, porting, Switch