1. hartleyshc

hartleyshc GBAtemp Fan

United States
    I keep mine as an emulation machine. Same with the 3ds. I can play every Nintendo home console pretty much perfectly. And I can play every Nintendo handheld pretty much perfectly.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk

Inuk likes this.
  2. the_randomizer

the_randomizer The Temp's official fox whisperer

United States
    Because the game is boring, SMG is much better

3. godreborn

godreborn GBAtemp Legend

United States
    playing 3d world at this very moment. hmm, let's check out these miiverse features. :D

20200812_215842_HDR.jpg

hippy dave likes this.
  4. nero99

nero99 GBAtemp Psycho!

United States
    these kind of posts are why this website needs a thumbs down/down vote option.

Bladexdsl likes this.
  5. godreborn

godreborn GBAtemp Legend

United States
    I beat culmina crater a week ago today in odyssey, so now there's just champion's road.

6. Memoir

Memoir Hi, I'm Cynical!

United States
    That's enough internet for you.

In all reality I don't even want 3D World. It sucked. Give us Galaxy 1 and 2. Then wrap it up with a 3rd game in the series. Still waiting on the Metroid Prime Trilogy.

7. RichardTheKing

RichardTheKing Really lovin' NFO style

Australia
    Who cares? Mediocre game that was nowhere near as simple, fun, and simply fun as 3D Land - and brought back Rosalina, who has had zero relevance since her debut, where she just stood there doing nothing at all. Worst character in the Mario series. Could've been Wario or Waluigi or Blue/Yellow Toad.

Nessie surfing can go suck a railroad spike, as can the cloning cherry; the postgame timed levels can also go off themselves.

AkiraKurusu and Bladexdsl like this.
  8. godreborn

godreborn GBAtemp Legend

United States
    lovin' the game. I even bought a cable to charge my gamepad through my usb hub on my laptop:

20200813_005715_HDR.jpg

9. ganons

ganons GBAtemp Addict

To play 3d world

10. Bladexdsl

Bladexdsl ZOMG my posts...it's over 9000!!!

Australia
    i used to do that than i got the shield tv pro and never looked back. now i just use it for wii games.

11. RichardTheKing

Australia
    Because the Wii U doesn't force dysfunctional motion controls down players' throats, when perfectly usable options (e.g. Classic Controller, GameCube controller) exist and should be a global backup option.
    Because the Wii U has DS Virtual Console, Twilight Princess HD, The Wind Waker HD, Yoshi's Woolly World, and Xenoblade Chronicles X (among others), which the Wii - and the Switch, for that matter - doesn't.

Last edited by RichardTheKing, Aug 13, 2020
    AkiraKurusu likes this.
  12. BORTZ

BORTZ The Amazing
    Supervisor

United States
    So no one caught how my comment was commentary on what how consumers saw the ill named new Nintendo console?

hippy dave likes this.
  13. RichardTheKing

Australia
    Galaxy 1-3? Nah.
    Unnecessary and illogical HP nerf, from 8 to 3. Missions don't allow Mario to wander off and collect Stars out of order, unlike 64 DS. Rosalina is the worst character in the series. Strict time limits for some missions. Six motion-control missions, when the console's motion controls are utterly dysfunctional and rage-inducing (to the point where I'd feel justified in suing Nintendo for a nonfunctional product). Daredevil missions just make the HP nerf worse. Barely uses its power-ups. Doesn't even look all that good.

AkiraKurusu likes this.
  14. hartleyshc

hartleyshc GBAtemp Fan

United States
    Yeah I have two of the 2017 Shield TVs. Biggest issue is I've had analog drift on 2 of my 3 Shield controllers. So it's used far less now.

When I was setting up everything for the WiiU, I went and bought a bunch of controllers (nes mini controllers, snes mini controllers, raphnet n64 adapters, gamecube adapter dock for WiiU) so I can at least use "original" controllers in the system.

In reality, the Shield does get more use (mostly Dreamcast). But both shields access my rom collection over the network. I like having the WiiU more as an archival device than anything else. The first party gamecube adapter is probably the best accessory. Gives me full analog triggers in Sunshine, and even special controllers like th dk bongos work perfectly for Donkey Konga 1/2/3. I spent a few months checking out random GameStop's before I finally found an official gc adapter.

And while this post seems like a love letter to the WiiU, if there's one single device that I would consider the best for an emulation machine, it's the Shield TV, hands down. I will probably look into fixing the analog issue now this week.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk

15. Jokey_Carrot

Jokey_Carrot G̶B̶A̶T̶e̶m̶p̶ ̶A̶d̶d̶i̶c̶t̶ Heroin Addict.

United Kingdom
    They already ported the engine with toad treasure tracker.

16. lokomelo

lokomelo Edson Arantes do Nascimento

Brazil
    Is the Switch a port machine? YES!!! A steam port machine, a WiiU port machine, a PS2 RPG porting machine, a seventh generation port machine, and the list goes on and on...
    For 3 years Nintendo and other publishers are porting stuff to Switch, and do players care about it? Looks they don't, so, let's move on with our lives.

I found those reactions strange too.
    Sarcasm and irony are really hard to identify for non-native English speakers, I thought it was the case at first, but then, looking to the profile flags... no it was not the case :P

Anyway, you explained with few words how bad the name Wii U is. This name did not help on that whole bad sales situation that the Wii U faced.

BORTZ likes this.
  17. ZachyCatGames

ZachyCatGames GBAtemp Psycho!

United States
    It's not.

Scott_pilgrim likes this.
  18. Sneethan

OP Sneethan GBAtemp Regular

Australia
    Wait they did? i really guess its one of the only games left now apart from a dead series like wii sports club. After they do this we need n64 virtual console back.

19. lokomelo

lokomelo Edson Arantes do Nascimento

Brazil
    If they bring Pokemon stadium will be fun to see that it looks better than Sword/Shield

20. themosteve

themosteve Advanced Member
    Newcomer

Indonesia
    port this port that
    why not just hope nintendo will create new masterpiece game like before?

Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - Nintendo, porting, Switch