Why Nintendo doesn't go directly after flash cart manufacturers.

Discussion in 'General Off-Topic Chat' started by Amber Lamps, Nov 10, 2013.

1. Amber Lamps
    OP

Amber Lamps Banned

Banned
    Feb 24, 2010
    United States
    Oakland, CA
    They can't. They are Japanese. China would throw them out. China vs Japan... China will have the upper hand. Look what happened when Japan bought an island off the coast of China. War ships about. Japan can't do anything about flash carts and illegal stuff that is on Chinese land.

This is my opinion. What do you guys think?

2. Ryukouki

Ryukouki See you later, guys.

Jan 31, 2008
    United States
    But they did. Research on what happened to the original R4 device. That cart got outlawed in certain territories.

3. yusuo

yusuo GBAtemp Addict

Oct 19, 2006
    I don't think politics is as straight forward as your making out, they're are such things as international trade laws, I think the main reason is because its a losing battle, piracy is like a hydra, cut of one head and two take its place.

Why spend large amounts of money on a losing battle. They have fought it to a degree by convincing PayPal and certain governments to outlaw them but if a country says no there is very little they can do about it without spending a large amount of money doing so and even then its not a done deal. Even if a country does outlaw them then there's a black market that would be more than willing to meet demand. As I said it's a loss either which way look at the MPAA and the record industry for example yeah they ban a few websites here and there but different ones replace them so why even try

4. DinohScene

DinohScene Capture the Dino

GBAtemp Patron
    DinohScene is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Oct 11, 2011
    Antarctica
    В небо
    They can outlaw it.
    But other then that, they can't do shit about it.

if they take down one flashcard company, another 2 will pop up.
    That's China for you.

5. Ryukouki

Ryukouki See you later, guys.

Jan 31, 2008
    United States
    It really is like a hydra, interestingly enough. Gamebygame and Kick Gaming, both very popular sites back in the day, shut down. More have popped up in its place. Your viewpoint is a little too broad, though. They can try as hard as they can to outlaw these things but it's really a losing battle.

6. xcrimsonstormx

xcrimsonstormx He called me a Nerd, I called him an Ambulance.

Jun 9, 2013
    United States
    The Internet
    The only thing Nintendo could do is start banning 3DS's when they detect them while playing online. Next to that they really can't do much.