Why Isn't There A GBAtemp YouTube Channel?

Discussion in 'Site Discussions & Suggestions' started by AaronUzumaki, Oct 3, 2015.

1. AaronUzumaki
    OP

AaronUzumaki A.K.A. Ecstasy Espeon

Feb 8, 2009
    United States
    Akron, Ohio
    Other than the two channels named GBAtempNews and GBAtemp.net (neither of which seem to actually be active nor have many uploads), I haven't found any GBAtemp channels. I feel like, as a news site (and an awesome one at that), it seems like a no-brainer that there should be an official GBAtemp channel to post things like news, reviews, tutorials, and many of the other things that this site already offers in a text format. So, I can't help but wonder, why isn't there one?

2. chavosaur

chavosaur Austin Trujillo

pip Contributor
    Mar 11, 2012
    United States
    Huntersville, NC
    We don't really produce video content, aside from Eric Zander's video reviews. We tried a Twitch experiment before and we were going to put various lets plays and past streams on there, but we quickly realized none of us reall had the time to regularly produce content for it.

It would be cool to produce stuff for it in the future maybe, but as of right now it isn't really something we do.

3. AaronUzumaki
    OP

Feb 8, 2009
    United States
    Akron, Ohio
    So, it's really just an issue with time and availability then? If that's the case, why not ask the community for some volunteers to manage such a channel? Unless, of course, you already did and it didn't pan out.

4. jonthedit

jonthedit GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

May 30, 2011
    Bangladesh
    Because no one would watch it. We do not need it.
    There is no demand. Plus I would expect the "managers" would attempt to make profit.

5. AaronUzumaki
    OP

Feb 8, 2009
    United States
    Akron, Ohio
    I disagree. I think lots of people would watch it (considering how popular video game news and gameplay are on YouTube). The demand would come from the potential viewers who otherwise might not have known about this place. As for your last point, it's a good one. I could definitely see that happening if the channel reached a point where it could collect revenue through monetization.

6. Lilith Valentine

Lilith Valentine GBATemp's Wolfdog™ I drool on my knife

Sep 13, 2009
    Antarctica
    Between insane and insecure
    We actually used to have our own video streaming service which was also linked to several youtube channels. I can't remember the name of the service, I just know we got rid of it for a number of reasons, but lack of interest from all ends was a big contributor.
    Edit: It was called Temp TV

Last edited by Lilith Valentine, Oct 3, 2015
  7. T-hug

T-hug Always like this.

pip Chief Editor
    Oct 24, 2002
    England
    If anyone is interested in making content for GBAtemp YT on a regular basis, shoot me a PM. Anything is viable!

nxwing and Lilith Valentine like this.
  8. WiiUBricker

WiiUBricker Fake News Reporter

Sep 19, 2009
    Argentina
    Espresso
    Well I wouldn't watch them as I prefer text and screenshots over videos. But it's just me.