Why isn't it allowed to reply to Gbatemp reviews?

hova1

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
It seems to me like the "reviews" are just glorified ads with the benefit that the staff of Gbatemp gets free stuff to review. i mean seriously, $140 for a SNES flashcart? you guys don't even mention the price. The people from Retrozone are seriously ripping off people with their hardware. I like gbatemp and i've been on the site for 3 years but this makes me doubt the site and the idea behind it. It makes me sad to be honest.

amptor

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
hova1 said:
It seems to me like the "reviews" are just glorified ads with the benefit that the staff of Gbatemp gets free stuff to review. i mean seriously, $140 for a SNES flashcart? you guys don't even mention the price. The people from Retrozone are seriously ripping off people with their hardware. I like gbatemp and i've been on the site for 3 years but this makes me doubt the site and the idea behind it. It makes me sad to be honest.

Do you even have any idea of how much $ it costs to create a custom fab PCB in the USA? This cart in question is made in the USA. Plus the amount of effort involved in constructing the unit and the knowledge it takes to put it together.

Do you have any idea about the amount of time it takes to put together a review? Do you think everything is done for free? You get to access this web site for free, should be happy with that imho.

I don't mention prices because prices are subject to change at the discretion of the manufacturer. Also the prices are competative and I'm not sure if they want us to list prices on here. The web sites show the prices that are linked to. Gbatemp does not make money off of third party web sites sales of hardware. Only the gbatemp store is the official store of gbatemp.

hova1

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Urza said:
You are a greedy little pretentious child.
you can read that out of a few lines i wrote? genius.

QUOTE(amptor @ Aug 13 2010, 09:14 PM) Do you even have any idea of how much $ it costs to create a custom fab PCB in the USA? This cart in question is made in the USA. Plus the amount of effort involved in constructing the unit and the knowledge it takes to put it together.

Do you have any idea about the amount of time it takes to put together a review? Do you think everything is done for free? You get to access this web site for free, should be happy with that imho.

I don't mention prices because prices are subject to change at the discretion of the manufacturer. Also the prices are competative and I'm not sure if they want us to list prices on here. The web sites show the prices that are linked to. Gbatemp does not make money off of third party web sites sales of hardware. Only the gbatemp store is the official store of gbatemp.
Why didn't you at least once mention the price. i don't give a shit how much it costs to make one. really a review that doesn't even mention that this is a rip off is not a revies. also the "older" flashcarts you talk about at the end of your "review" are fine as they are. At least they're affordable.

also my question has not been answered as of now.

and i think it's funny that when a topic comes up that is critical of gbatemp the mods are just flaming said topic.

Overlord Nadrian

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
hova1 said:
Urza said:
You are a greedy little pretentious child.you can read that out of a few lines i wrote? genius.Some people are more intelligent than others.

QUOTE(hova1 @ Aug 13 2010, 09:20 PM)
Why didn't you at least once mention the price. i don't give a shit how much it costs to make one. really a review that doesn't even mention that this is a rip off is not a revies. also the "older" flashcarts you talk about at the end of your "review" are fine as they are. At least they're affordable.
Seems like you didn't even read what amptor said. He didn't mention the price because it is always subject to change. Are you perhaps too lazy to do a quick Google search for the current lowest pricing?

amptor

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
hova1 said:
Urza said:

QUOTE(amptor @ Aug 13 2010, 09:14 PM) Do you even have any idea of how much $ it costs to create a custom fab PCB in the USA? This cart in question is made in the USA. Plus the amount of effort involved in constructing the unit and the knowledge it takes to put it together.

also my question has not been answered as of now.

Did I mention the price in any of the other reviews? if the admins want me to put the price in, they'd let me know. until then, the review is finished.

you aren't allowed to reply to gbatemp reviews because they use another section for that when it is posted on the front page. why that is? I don't know, I don't run gbatemp. you'd have to ask the owners. seems to work fine for me, doesn't clutter up the review section with a lot of nonsense posts like the above
biggrin.gif

_Chaz_

GBAtemp's Official Mook™
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Honestly, I've always wondered this as well. Discussing topics is what a forum (web or otherwise) is all about. Why can't a review be one of those topics?

Overlord Nadrian

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
hova1 said:
Ellie said:
hova1 said:
Urza said:
Some people are more intelligent than others.
funny how you think that it is intelligent if someones insult is the only thing he can say.
Insult or not, it is true. You're complaining about things that are definitely not worth complaining about and you're wasting your time posting nonsensical arguments.

You're probably going to leave this forum now, because we might be superior to you. Farewell.

hova1

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Ellie said:
Insult or not, it is true. You're complaining about things that are definitely not worth complaining about and you're wasting your time posting nonsensical arguments.
then i think it's pretty silly to reply to nonsensical arguments, or?
QUOTEYou're probably going to leave this forum now, because we might be superior to you. Farewell.
Is this reverse psychology? are you trying for me to stay? i knew you like me.

Overlord Nadrian

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
hova1 said:
then i think it's pretty silly to reply to nonsensical arguments, or?I like proving people wrong and bashing them.

QUOTE(hova1 @ Aug 13 2010, 09:40 PM) Is this reverse psychology? are you trying for me to stay? i knew you like me.
lolwut

referencer

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Why'd you have to ask a legitimate question in the title and then fill the body with flamebait?

If I had to guess, I'd say it's because reviews are generally commissioned by someone or something, and the commissioners probably wouldn't like to see a big long review for the product and then have a bunch of cunts like us at the bottom talking about how much we hate the product that was reviewed or whatever.

hova1

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Ellie said:
I like proving people wrong and bashing them.
U MAD?
QUOTE said:
lolwut
don't lie. you just want me all up in your crib shorty.
QUOTE(referencer @ Aug 13 2010, 09:47 PM)
Why'd you have to ask a legitimate question in the title and then fill the body with flamebait?
you're right. sorry.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    ButterScott101 @ ButterScott101: +1