Why is this cart so special?? Worth the extra dough?

Discussion in 'CycloDS' started by MrRochie, Aug 22, 2008.

1. MrRochie
    OP

Member MrRochie GBAtemp Regular

United States
    [​IMG] So What makes the Cyclods everyones favorite choice.... What do I get for my extra dough?? Whys is this cart special??? Is it skinable?? Will DE ever carry them again??? I have low funds and high expectations.... [​IMG] yaya

2. LokusT

Newcomer LokusT Advanced Member

Ireland
    I'll keep it brief purely as it's quite well documented.

Features
    Support
    Regular Updates

That's mostly it. It's all anyone really needs from a Slot-1 card anyway.

3. DeMoN

Member DeMoN GBAtemp Guru

United States
    Of course it's skinnable, and I'm not sure if DX will ever carry them again but if they do then it won't be as cheap.

4. PizzaPasta

Member PizzaPasta Son of p1ngpong

United States
    The CycloDS is a great cart and it is worth every penny. The features are great and easy to use and the support from the development team is very nice.

I had an R4 since last November and I was sad to see it go but I am glad I chose a Cyclo as a replacement. Whatever cart you choose to buy in the end is ultimately up to you but if you want something that is easy to use and loaded with features than get a Cyclo.

Also, it is really easy to skin just a matter of dragging and dropping and I doubt that we will see DX carry them again anytime soon (although, I've heard that they are sorting things out) so just go with either dealwoot or RHS.

5. MrRochie
    OP

United States
    [​IMG] I've tried the DSTT ---Didn't like the fact that you can't switch between skins inside the cart gui, one skin at a time.
    [​IMG] I've tried the Acekard 2 Didn't like the fact that you can't autoload straight to the game icons like the DSTT but by far the acekard 2 is a much cart so far. I wound up giving them as gifts to my kids....

Now [​IMG] I'm looking at buying another and wonder why this one is so much higher rated.... Can you Skin this one?? Where's a good cheap purchase site?? $35 bucks sounded good so far

6. PizzaPasta

Member PizzaPasta Son of p1ngpong

United States
    You can switch between skins in the Cyclo GUI as well as set your skins to random so a different one shows up each time you start it up.

7. LokusT

Newcomer LokusT Advanced Member

Ireland
    The other thing is they are planning on making the GUI completely customizable too. There's some info about it on the front page of GBATemp. I imagine they will stick to their word too as so far they've delivered and they've done so at a very satisfying rate. It's a very good card, without a doubt.

8. Diffusion

Member Diffusion GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    Cheapest is probably Dealwoot. $53 w/ free US shipping and a free screen protector.

Doubt we'll ever see them at DX for $35 ever again. [​IMG]

9. gratefulbuddy

Member gratefulbuddy amateur lunatic

United States
    This is not possible on the cyclo either.

10. TossGirl

Newcomer TossGirl Advanced Member

United States

Maybe it'll be added to in the near future. Probably someone already requested it on the team cyclops forum. [​IMG]

11. Rykin

Member Rykin GBAtemp Fan

United States
    I want the CycloDS Evo because it's one of the few carts that can do Wii-DS connectivity with the Pokemon games. The G6 is the only other option I know of for that feature, and the G6 doesn't take SDHC cards. (Or any at all)

12. MrRochie
    OP

United States
    [​IMG] So the Cyclo supports SDHC cards.... How large? Nice info about the skining...too anything else I need to know? Lots of support is always good too.... Just want a 35 dollar deal.. [​IMG]

13. Fat D

Member Fat D GBAtemp Maniac

Germany
    any size that currently exists. But $35 will only get you a used one, if you can find anyone who is willing to sell a working evo in the first place.

14. MrRochie
    OP

United States
    [​IMG] no mo $35 dollar deals [​IMG]

15. skagamer

Member skagamer GBAtemp Regular

United States
    If DX ever sells the Cyclo again it will cost about $50. The only reason DX stopped selling at $35 was Team Cyclops didn't want them undercutting all of the other retailers. So....pay the $53 at DealWoot....and enjoy.

16. MrRochie
    OP

United States
    [​IMG] What about Deal Woot???....Trustworthy, Quick shipment to USA ??? Anyone know?? I'm almost convinced to go for it..... Cyclods vs AcekardRPG ?? better, worse??? I really need the biggest (Bang for my Buck). Cause I don't got many bucks and Im ready to go for the best the best....
    [​IMG]

17. ShiningSaber

Member ShiningSaber Tiger

United States
    Well, this is my first flash cart for the DS, but I can tell you, it works amazingly. All games load fine, it doesn't take long to boot up, moonshell is really nice, skins are good, almost all homebrew applications work.
    I say go for it.
    Especially since I heard about those Acekards having the bad batches still.

18. Rock Raiyu

Member Rock Raiyu Clock Up

United States
    R4 was my first cart. I enjoyed it while I had it but decided that I wanted a different cart. I chose the Cyclo DS and it was one of the best decisions I made. Has features that most carts don't have and has room for more. It gets updated frequently. Everything runs very smoothly. It is worth it to buy one of these and I know you won't be disappointed cause I know I'm not. [​IMG]

19. MrRochie
    OP

United States
    [​IMG] Well I done did it now [​IMG] LOL .....I placed my order for a Cyclods with dealwoot... $52.99. I hope it works with the Ezflash 3 in 1 for my GBA roms.. The other (dstt & acekard 2) carts did.... I feel like I may have paid 15 bucks extra for a metal box if it don't perform...... BTW is the factory firmware the best to use or is there a custom FW out there someplace?? I can trade off using this along with my Phat PSP..... [​IMG] Woot Woot

20. ShiningSaber

Member ShiningSaber Tiger

United States
    factory firmware is the best to use, its updated alot as far as I can tell from the forums, so you shouldn't have any problems with it.