Why is the white USA n3DS XL only available at Play-Asia?

Discussion in '3DS - Console, Accessories and Hardware' started by Hammyface, Dec 28, 2015.

1. Hammyface
    OP

Hammyface GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jun 4, 2006
    United States
    Vermont
    I thought it was officially getting a US release but it seems like it is only available on Play-Asia? What does this mean? Did they just swap the shells out with one that originally came in red or something? I thought Nintendo officially announced white n3dsXL coming to the US but only Play-Asia is selling it. I can't find any unboxing videos online so I don't know what to think!

http://www.play-asia.com/new-nintendo-3ds-xl-pearl-white/13/709h8d

2. tivu100

tivu100 GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Jun 6, 2015
    United States
    Perhaps they struck a deal with Nintendo to have as them exclusive distributor for this White one, you know like GameStop with the MH4U and Zelda Hyrule Edition. These things happen.

The moral of the story: learn Japanese so you can easily buy Japanese region console, then region change it if you want when the N3DS downgrade method is available to public.

Last edited by tivu100, Dec 28, 2015
  3. kazehaya

kazehaya Member

Newcomer
    Feb 13, 2011
    Cote d'Ivoire
    Source?

4. tivu100

Jun 6, 2015
    United States
  5. Dr Eggman

Dr Eggman I am THE Eggman.

Jul 12, 2008
    Canada
    Eggmanland! (Toronto IRL)
    From Play Asia:

Please note: This is an official Nintendo product packaged for U.A.E., Malaysia and Singapore. Compatible with NTSC U/C (US) games only. Nintendo 3DS AC Adapter is NOT included. AC Adapters from Nintendo 3DS/ 3DS XL/ DSi/ DSi XL are compatible with the New Nintendo 3DS/3DS XL consoles.

So it's kinda like a limited release I'm guessing? They seem to be importing it.

6. kazehaya

kazehaya Member

Newcomer
    Feb 13, 2011
    Cote d'Ivoire
    From siliconera: "A Pearl White version of the New Nintendo 3DS XL will be releasing with full NTSC U/C compatibility early December, 2015."
    This is an official Nintendo product packaged for U.A.E., Malaysia and Singapore.

Where is the source from nintendo?

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

^ That's what i was talking about. :ph34r:

Last edited by kazehaya, Dec 28, 2015
  7. tivu100

Jun 6, 2015
    United States
    Maybe Nintendo briefed these news site that a White Pearl New 3DS XL which compatible for US, but the word is lost in translation, leading people to assume it's a mainstream release like the Black and Red ones in US retailer stores instead of what it really is?!

Also Nintendo website never hosts all the news

Last edited by tivu100, Dec 28, 2015
  8. Lumstar

Lumstar Princess

Mar 6, 2006
    United States
    Darling
    Region lockout code is a technical measure. Doesn't really have much of anything to do with how or where it's sold.

In a lot of these countries, Nintendo doesn't "officially" operate as a business. They package products for third-party distributors.

9. tivu100

Jun 6, 2015
    United States
    Question: I usually hear that US console (that include Microsoft and Sony console too) is fully compatible with South East Asia region. Is it correct? And is it also true the other way?

10. Lumstar

Lumstar Princess

Mar 6, 2006
    United States
    Darling
    Maybe, parts of South East Asia historically used PAL for broadcast TV. Consoles I'm not sure about.

11. Hammyface
    OP

Hammyface GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jun 4, 2006
    United States
    Vermont
    This is the source I used: http://www.ign.com/articles/2015/11...ndo-3ds-xl-reportedly-coming-to-north-america

But it was reported on so many sites that I thought it was legit.I didn't know they speak English in Malaysia and that they are on the US e-shop.

12. nisemono

nisemono Member

Newcomer
    Nov 22, 2015
    Am from South East Asia and I'm using a metallic blue N3DSXL. They're selling white n3dsxl here as well