Hardware why is the new 3ds, so cheap on amazon.co.uk

newborn

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
so on amazon.co.uk. the new 3DS xl used to be at around £169, I checked today and its now at £139, it strikes me odd, because other sites are not offering this low, and the regular sized new 3ds is 83 PENCE more.. than XL.. what is this logic ;p... at least you can get a good deal.. I guess?

jalaneme

Female Gamer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
how long has the price stayed at £139? this might be a weekend deal.

as so they are price matching tesco, cool, but for how long i wonder, still deciding if i need one right now.

do you think its a good time to grab one?

i was going to wait till late summer to get one but now i'm not sure yet when i've seen this.

Blaze163

The White Phoenix's purifying flame.
Trophies
XP
Country
I'd grab one, but I have to save money at the moment 'cause a few very important bits of paper I need for work are about to expire and it'll cost me nearly £400 to renew them :(

newborn

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
it always happens to me, I see a good deal, then I put it off, then the price goes back up... and i am to late.. so least you got it before it was to late ;;p

newborn

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
i just refreshed the web page now, it's still £139.

oh.. I know its still the same, but I am talking about, I might hold it off for a day... done it before on other items, and the price went up next day or something haha.

jalaneme

Female Gamer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
oh.. I know its still the same, but I am talking about, I might hold it off for a day... done it before on other items, and the price went up next day or something haha.

that's why i bought it now, not taking my chances, i was going to wait till monday and decide but i'm going to get it anyway so just brought it now.

it's totally up to you if you want to take a chance with it.

sarkwalvein

There's hope for a Xenosaga port.
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
That is the normal price for New 3DS XL in mediamarkt/saturn/etc in Germany, and I suppose in most continental Europe (~190€).
I suppose the reason is the late strong devaluation of Euro, it was always ~190€ here, but with the Euro so low right now, €190 = £135.
So UK is adjusting down to the EU price.

jalaneme

Female Gamer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
That is the normal price for New 3DS XL in mediamarkt/saturn/etc in Germany, and I suppose in most continental Europe (~190€).
I suppose the reason is the late strong devaluation of Euro, it was always ~190€ here, but with the Euro so low right now, €190 = £135.
So UK is adjusting down to the EU price.

lol we always pay more, in argos the new 3ds xl is £179 with no games, game is selling it for £209 in a forced bundle, you can't buy it on it's own so i think the amazon price is good, i didn't expect it to go down in price so soon but i'm happy anyway.

GDF

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Only recently got the old xl 3ds, but at this price couldn't resist, what the likely fw on these, Tesco tend to have older stock

newborn

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Only recently got the old xl 3ds, but at this price couldn't resist, what the likely fw on these, Tesco tend to have older stock

well the FW will be in the 9'S somewhere, but if you use sky3ds, version shouldn't matter, unless you have a gateway.

GDF

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Got a gateway, hoping its 9.2, quite few been bought via amazon and Tesco recently yet not many coming back on and stating fw

newborn

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Got a gateway, hoping its 9.2, quite few been bought via amazon and Tesco recently yet not many coming back on and stating fw

that's why, you're better going instore, then you can look at the date or the model, to know when it was made, but then you wouldn't get the good price though. so its a gamble.,, never ordered the new 3ds, from anywhere, so I have no idea, it's alot of risk.. though, it may be 9.1... 0r even 9.3...

newborn

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
also, I will buy it most likely, before its to late, I used to have 32 GB micro sd card, but for some reason I cannot find it anywhere! so i need to buy a new one, those pesky micro's get lost easy.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl: Have a nice day. Life. Week. Month. year.