Hacking Why is the Cyclo the only cart with Wii-DS connectivity?

Searinox

"Dances" with Dragons
Trophies
XP
Country
Romania
It's very very sad to see so much disinterest for Wii connectivity among flashcart producers, especially since it can be solved via software. Maybe one day we'll have a hacked CycloDS firmware for other flashcarts and finally get Wii connectivity, cause no one seems interested in writing software at the moment.

Xeijin

Trophies
Website
www.xeijin.org
XP
Country
Searinox said:
It's very very sad to see so much disinterest for Wii connectivity among flashcart producers

Why? As mentioned above. There are only three games that support it. One of them is a WiiWare game and soon gets boring, and I can't imaigne the DS plays a huge role in Geometry Wars, pretty much leaving Pokemon Battle Revolution. Once there are more Wii DS Connectivity games I'm sure it will become a priority but right now its not.

Searinox

"Dances" with Dragons
Trophies
XP
Country
Romania
Yes it leaves PBR. Imagine I have +1000 total hours of pokeyman raising traded onto my games and I wanna play my pokeymanz on Wii. MAI POKEYEMAAANZ! D'8

ShineStar

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Searinox said:
Yes it leaves PBR. Imagine I have +1000 total hours of pokeyman raising traded onto my games and I wanna play my pokeymanz on Wii. MAI POKEYEMAAANZ! D'8

[piracy rant]
Then maybe you should've purchased the game rather than getting a rom off the internet.
[/rant]
Honestly, if you got the game for free, why are you complaining?
Complain if you buy it and it doesn't work.

jfdz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
i did shout "POKEMANZ!" before at a gamestore and the clerk was staring at me like i was strange. like mudkipz

Xeijin

Trophies
Website
www.xeijin.org
XP
Country
Searinox said:

In that case, seeing as it's a one off and a game you evidently really love (if 1000+ hours is anything to go by) perhaps you should consider buying the original game, and injecting your save file from your flashcart into it? I think this can be done with an EZ-V 3-in-1 expansion.

Tanas

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Xeijin said:
Searinox said:

In that case, seeing as it's a one off and a game you evidently really love (if 1000+ hours is anything to go by) perhaps you should consider buying the original game, and injecting your save file from your flashcart into it? I think this can be done with an EZ-V 3-in-1 expansion.

I don't usually agree with theses types of comments, but I agree with you totally here, plus he can transfer his save using WiFi.

Slowking

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I have to say Pokémon Ranch is pretty important for me. With every generation I try to create a living Pokedex (having one Pokémon of each species). But if I do this this generation I only have one and a half boxes left. So where am I supposed to store my team / the shinys that I catch, etc.? So I have to store my living Pokedex on Ranch and while I could use my original game, transfering the save to it every time I want to connect gets really frustrating. Ofcourse I could use my original game all the time, but I like to cheat now and then (I don't cheat anything big in Pokemon, but I like to walk through walls from time to time and don't have to walk the 50 steps to recharge my Pokéradar), besides the reason for having a flashcard in the first place is, that you don't have to carry 50 games around with you.
Furthermore, if you want the special Pokemon you get from time to time in the japanese version of Ranch, you need a japanese game. See why a flashcard might come in handy here?
Pokémon is a hughely popular game and I think most Flashcard producers underestimate how such connectivity could benefit them. For example I wouldn't think twice about buying a Cyclo if the Acekard2 had it.

IOwnAndPwnU

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Xeijin said:
Searinox said:
It's very very sad to see so much disinterest for Wii connectivity among flashcart producers

Why? As mentioned above. There are only three games that support it. One of them is a WiiWare game and soon gets boring, and I can't imaigne the DS plays a huge role in Geometry Wars, pretty much leaving Pokemon Battle Revolution. Once there are more Wii DS Connectivity games I'm sure it will become a priority but right now its not.

I totally agree with.

If there are more games, then this may be a useful feature but it seems pretty useless right now. They should get more games that support Wii-DS Connectivity.

DeMoN

GBAtemp Guru
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Searinox said:
It's very very sad to see so much disinterest for Wii connectivity among flashcart producers, especially since it can be solved via software. Maybe one day we'll have a hacked CycloDS firmware for other flashcarts and finally get Wii connectivity, cause no one seems interested in writing software at the moment.
It's not disinterest, it's just plain laziness or the fact that they don't know how to get it working. Not something you'd be looking for in a flash card team.
And AFAIK, Pokemon is still pretty damn popular, so stop saying that Wii-DS is useless. Download play is the most useless feature in my opinion but most flash cards do well to make sure it's 100% compatible.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Crowbar?