Hacking Why is the Cyclo the only cart with Wii-DS connectivity?

Sumea

Disco Ninja Frog
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
yeah, cyclo takes pride on the feature Hog. Only thing they do not have is perfect UI (after using sakura cyclo DOES lose, but hey, its just a gui)

Maikel Steneker

M3 Fanboy
Trophies
Website
ndss.nl
XP
Country
Netherlands
The G6 Real was the first cart to support Wii-DS connectivity. But yeah, I think most people don't care so most flashcarts don't get it implemented.

Rykin

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
754boy said:
Its not the only cart. The SCDS1 does it too.

It does? I had no idea. I'd searched around and I understood only the Cyclo and the G6 could do Wii-DS connectivity (with Pokemon, anyway).

Oh snap. If that's the case, I'm buying me a SCDS1 instead of the Evo.

miketh2005

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Rykin said:
754boy said:
Its not the only cart. The SCDS1 does it too.

It does? I had no idea. I'd searched around and I understood only the Cyclo and the G6 could do Wii-DS connectivity (with Pokemon, anyway).

Oh snap. If that's the case, I'm buying me a SCDS1 instead of the Evo.

Don't. I promise you won't regret buying a Cyclo, please buy a Cyclo if you have the money, it's the best out there.

DanTheManMS

aka Ricochet Otter
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
DeMoN is right to the best of my knowledge. Many carts can work with certain Wii games, but for Pokemon in particular you're limited to the CycloDS and G6 Real.

Searinox

"Dances" with Dragons
Trophies
XP
Country
Romania
Honestly this is the first time I hear SC supports Wii-DS connectivity. Is this true? Do I have to make some sort of special setting in SC's options? And yes I do intend to use it for POKEYMAN.

Rykin

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
DanTheManMS said:
DeMoN is right to the best of my knowledge. Many carts can work with certain Wii games, but for Pokemon in particular you're limited to the CycloDS and G6 Real.

Double snap.
ohmy.gif
Back to CycloDS it is.

Urza

hi
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
As far as I know the SCDS1 does not support Wii-DS connectivity. I don't own PBR myself, but I had the chance to try it a few months ago and it white-screened.

Searinox

"Dances" with Dragons
Trophies
XP
Country
Romania
I kinda agree with Urza. This is the first time in all my online searches for topics on Wii connectivity that a "SC can do it" response pops up out of nowhere, after no firmware releases or anything, no one even mentioned "it can as of late" or "it couldn't up til now" just positive responses as if it has always been wii-capable when I've seen so many topics saying it can't.

Searinox

"Dances" with Dragons
Trophies
XP
Country
Romania
It didn't, this is the first thread ever to say that. And now the whole bubble bursts? Someone said a booboo and everyone followed in on it. =\

striderx

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
DanTheManMS said:

QUOTE(DeMoN @ Aug 22 2008, 07:59 PM) Only the Cyclo and G6 support Pokemon though.
A bunch of other cards "support" Wii-DS linkage but not with Pokemon.

Your comments make it sound like there's a whole bunch of games that have Wii connectivity...

Unless I'm mistaken there are a total of three.
[*]Geometry Wars[*]Pokemon Battle Revolution[*]Pokemon Ranch (Wii-ware)
Are there others? (Demo downloads don't count, cuz the flash cart isn't involved.)

IFAIC, PBR has been the holy grail of Wii connectivity, and the Cyclo and G6 are the only ones I've read that had it.

It's news to me that the EZV supports it. I have one that I bought with in a bundle with the 3-in-1. I'm not impressed with it at all. I need pliers to get the microSD card out of it, the case bulges so much it jams in my DS slot and the firmware/GUI is generations behind even the R4's stagnant effort (yes, I've seen recent firmware updates, but why bother? my R4's did everything I wanted.. EXCEPT Wii CONNECTIVITY!!) The EZV's been sitting in a drawer since I got it while I used my R4's.

I recently got a Cyclo and haven't looked back. The cart's awesome. And yes, my Pokemons are chillin' on the ranch.
wink.gif

striderx

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    S @ salazarcosplay: how are you doing @K3Nv2