Hacking Why is taking so long get a good MAME emulator for Wii

OriginalHamster

UStealthy
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
The available take so long load games, comes with no component video support, SDHC. It's really shame, there so many good games.

Other system has MAME running alright? MAME Wii seems like a abandon project, make me sad.

mcj

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Well, feel free to pick up the project
smile.gif

mcj

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I think we need another Wii Discussions Subforum - Bitching, Moaning, Complaining About Why This - That and The Other Thing Can't Be Done Or Hasn't Been Done Yet

Goshogun1

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Assuming your expectations aren't that high (ie: Marvel VS Capcom etc), its a pretty good emulator. Some of the best games came out in the 80's, and early 90's, and most of them work very well, and load quickly. But yeah, 2P support, better interface, among others would be nice. I hope Navulo (emus maker I think) goes back to it.

Anyway, have you tried the Neogeo emulator? Aside from not running KOF, and Metal Slug Series properly, it is pretty much full speed with sound. Truly an example of what the future holds. CPS1 and 2 emu would be nice, and clearly possible.

richglix

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Goshogun1 said:
Assuming your expectations aren't that high (ie: Marvel VS Capcom etc), its a pretty good emulator. Some of the best games came out in the 80's, and early 90's, and most of them work very well, and load quickly. But yeah, 2P support, better interface, among others would be nice. I hope Navulo (emus maker I think) goes back to it.

Anyway, have you tried the Neogeo emulator? Aside from not running KOF, and Metal Slug Series properly, it is pretty much full speed with sound. Truly an example of what the future holds. CPS1 and 2 emu would be nice, and clearly possible.

Metal Slug 1 seems to be okay, some slowdown however, but nothing crippling. Have I not played enough to notice the issues?

Goshogun1

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
richglix said:
Goshogun1 said:

Metal Slug 1 seems to be okay, some slowdown however, but nothing crippling. Have I not played enough to notice the issues?

Sorry, man. I was pretty much referring to MS 2-5. I know 3-5 won't even start. Anyway, no issues with MS1, just me being wrong.
sleep.gif

yakboy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
OriginalHamster said:
I'd love pick up the project, but I know jackshit about programing

Exactly, so learn how to program or shut up. People in any Homebrew community to this for FREE in their spare time. It's not said it's realistic. Why I agree it would be very cool, some one has to spend countless hours testing and coding. If you want to be able to play MAME that badly then get and MOD a Xbox.

cr08

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The problem is that MAME is an extremely unique emulator. All of the arcade machines out there have used different hardware at one point or another with the updated hardware becoming more and more complex over time. This not only means different processors, but different controllers, different sound/display systems. Each arcade system is unique in it's own way and MAME has to accomodate this. The MAME emulator has to be able to emulate each different machine properly and some of it is more optimized than others.

For MAME specifically, porting to a console is particularly difficult and is only exacerbated when the code has to be optimized to be playable given the limited resources of said console.

OriginalHamster

UStealthy
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
yakboy said:
OriginalHamster said:
I'd love pick up the project, but I know jackshit about programing

Exactly, so learn how to program or shut up. People in any Homebrew community to this for FREE in their spare time. It's not said it's realistic. Why I agree it would be very cool, some one has to spend countless hours testing and coding. If you want to be able to play MAME that badly then get and MOD a Xbox.

Woah, easy tiger, I not demanding nothing here, just expressing that´s sad thing that there are no updates on the project. Breath deeply count until 10, then post.

Phratt

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wait, but don't most consoles use the same code language when it comes to stuff like apps? So wouldn't it just come down to converting the MAME emulator on PSP, to Wii, and editing the controls (which could be taken from the current MAME emu's code)?

iritegood

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Phratt said:
Wait, but don't most consoles use the same code language when it comes to stuff like apps? So wouldn't it just come down to converting the MAME emulator on PSP, to Wii, and editing the controls (which could be taken from the current MAME emu's code)?
This comment is fail, as is this thread.
Though I wouldn't disagree to some developer picking up SDL mame for the Wii (or starting another MAME project)
rolleyes.gif

Phratt

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey!Hey!

I heard once that the reason things like Visual boy, Mplayer and geexbox got emulated so easily was because of the similar code, a code that was basically already made for the devs.

I'm not the smartest person ever, but I just thought that the same would apply to the MAME emulator.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/MddR6PTmGKg?si=mU2EO5hoE7XXSbSr