Why is Sonic's Ultimate Genesis Collection so expensive after a good 9 years?

Tizm

JESSE, WE GOT TO COOK!
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Here in Canada its still $19.99 used at my local EB Games and even if I find it new its still $19.99?
what gives and why is it still expensive after all these years, i can't find anything on google about it.

Sonic Angel Knight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't know what your opinion of expensive is. In america, every new game is $40-$60 on a console at retail. But the price depends on how much they used to make the game I think. $20 isn't as expensive as those numbers especially for a compilation of games. They also currently sell Sega classics collection on current generation consoles for $30 with online play, and even more games and improved emulation than the one you mentioned. It's only a $10 increase but still doesn't seem as expensive like a bad deal for say other compilation games where they have less content but still similar in price or even more. :ninja:

StingerTheRaven

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Could also just be that it's a reasonably popular collection on its own, or that copies of it have grown a bit rare as time goes on?

Casey-Strange

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Even used, that is a very easy sale and an item that won't stay in your store very long. I traded my copy in after achieving my platinum trophy. But strangely, decided to keep my imported Mega Drive collection.

Casey-Strange

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Considering the shelf life of the PS3 is nearly over and about to go exclusively into the vintage/used market of thriftstore finds and mom and pop game shops, that price isn't going down any time soon.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: I didn't know they made an MSU cart for the Genesis.... I knew about the SNES one and the...