Why is Nintendo's repair service so slow?

Discussion in 'General Off-Topic Chat' started by Harsky, May 2, 2008.

1. Harsky
    OP

Harsky Madmin

Aug 2, 2004
    So I mentioned a while ago that my SD card reader on my Wii is broken. Not wanting to take it back to the store I bought it from and get a new one, I decided to use the Nintendo Service Centre and try and send it in. I sent the details and I'm waiting for the freepost label they were meant to send to me. This was on the 25th and I still heard nothing. Is it normal to wait that long or are they just buying time to wait until the warrenty runs out?

2. Mewgia

Mewgia drifter

Dec 16, 2006
    United States
    Boston, MA
    It can take about 2 weeks for them to send the label for whatever reason.It happened to me with my DS Lite...

which reminds me I need to call in for that, the L button is dying again :x

3. coolbho3000

coolbho3000 GBATemp Kikkoman Naturally Brewed SoySauce Fanatic

Apr 29, 2007
    Kikkoman Factory
    My fixed Wiimote (it had bad rumble) came back in no time.

4. Timmyhawky

Timmyhawky Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Apr 7, 2008
    Netherlands
    Someone once killed the plasctic which covers the GC controller slots(WS boxing, 2 close to the TV). I aspected a paid repair, but it was free and my Wii was back in 2.5 weeks.

5. notnarb

notnarb Not narbing it up

Jun 18, 2007
    It's a good idea to print out the label yourself if you can. I had broken my l and r buttons but got my ds back in 3-4 days of shipping it

6. sfunk

sfunk GBAtemp Regular

Nov 2, 2002
    Canada
    Ottawa
    I've found the Nintendo response times incredible, they gave me an account number to charge the Purolator bill to and I had my DSL back in less than a week (Four days or so). Then again, I do live like four hours away from the repair centre... Also I just have an offtopic question, do broken L and R buttons get covered under warranty or do you have to pay for that? I've always thought that was a paid repair.

7. Mewgia

Mewgia drifter

Dec 16, 2006
    United States
    Boston, MA
    Nope it's covered, I've done it about 4 times now heh.

/me goes to print out shipping label