1. fate6

fate6 Haha, I killed a Pumpkin!

United States
    IDK why you think this but you do not need any form of bootloader exploit for an emunand and the switches exploit is not patched on any firmware as it can't be, it is however patched in later revisions of the hardware.

Now as for an emunand it would depend on how the PS4 actually runs and if the access granted by whatever exploit allows the system to be rebooted/load into a redirected NAND.

without samuhax i doubt its possible sadly.

2. smf

smf GBAtemp Psycho!

United Kingdom
    You don't need a boot loader exploit for emunand. Patched switches can boot into emunand, there is no cold boot for them.

Running a newer os in emunand would probably require a samu exploit or bypass as I suspect older firmware wouldn't like to find an updated samu. But emunand of the same firmware version should be doable.

Last edited by smf, Jul 8, 2020
  3. Tom Bombadildo

Tom Bombadildo Dick, With Balls
    Reviewer

United States
    News flash: The PS4 is NOT the Switch, you can't compare any progress/exploit on the Switch to the PS4, they do not work the same way. The Switch can "reboot" into an emuNAND/CFW because of various bootrom exploits that can be triggered while still in Horizon.

This is NOT the case with the PS4. The PS4 does not have an exploit that can access bootrom from boot. Once again, you need a bootloader exploit for EmuNAND on the PS4. There are one or two that actually exist, but they're only usable on older firmware and both require hardware modifications in one form or another.

4. smf

smf GBAtemp Psycho!

United Kingdom
    I know they aren't the same captain obvious, but you can load linux on the ps4 & it takes over the ps4.
    You could also load a patched version of Orbis.

There would be issues if you tried to run a different version in emunand, which would also affect you if you used a coldboot exploit. I don't think they are insumountable but nobody is bothered to put the amount of effort into the ps4 as was put into the switch.

5. fate6

fate6 Haha, I killed a Pumpkin!

United States
    You do not need bootrom but it doesn't matter since it seems you are not interested in discussion but just trying to feed your ego, enjoy the block list.

6. Tumoche

Tumoche GBAtemp Regular

Spain
    Thats's what I throught, if you have kernel access you can access every region of memory and execute anything

7. smf

smf GBAtemp Psycho!

United Kingdom
    Right, the problem is things like SAMU as that is a separate CPU and I don't know if you can just get it to run the latest code without going through an upgrade which would then kill your sysnand. This will be the same with or without a coldboot exploit.

You can probably software emulate SAMU, similar to reF00D on the Vita, but you'd need the latest keys and AFAICT those are hoarded by the groups that have them.

Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - EmuNand, create,