1. stranno

stranno GBAtemp Fan

They havent learned the webkit lesson tho.

PS3: webkit exploit.
    PS4: webkit exploit.
    PSV: webkit exploit.
    NSW: webkit exploit.

I can see a pattern there.

Last edited by stranno, May 24, 2020
  2. Goku1992A

Goku1992A GBAtemp Maniac

United States
    I bought the PS4 because I thought it would be like my CFW PS3 just because it was on 5.05 it could play the newer games. When I got the PS4 I couldnt use it like I wanted to. I was going to keep it but I decided to sell it because I put half of that money on the gaming laptop. I bought it to play newer games but I couldn't use it that way I didn't do my research prior. The laptop was a better investment. I paid like almost 300 bucks for that PS4 and I sold it for around the same price I bought it for.

3. Hayato213

Hayato213 GBAtemp Guru

United States
    I see, it is true that there is no permanent CFW yet, right now it is only homebrew enabler to gain you access to debug menu, treating a regular unit like a development unit, you should have done more research before actually buying one.

MeAndHax and Goku1992A like this.
  4. Goku1992A

Goku1992A GBAtemp Maniac

United States
    I jumped the gun that's what happened I wasn't aware that it couldn't play newer games. I bought it to play newer games lol I already had the ones that 5.05 had so I sold it to someone that could enjoy the PS4 instead of it sitting in my storage because I originally had no plans of selling it until I saw a gaming laptop on sale for $600 (Dell G3) so I sold it and put it towards the laptop.

Hayato213 likes this.
  5. Hayato213

Hayato213 GBAtemp Guru

United States
    Speaking of security, Sony's PSN security is a joke, you can't really link a credit card to your account without worrying that your PSN account would be hacked.

godreborn likes this.
  6. godreborn

godreborn GBAtemp Legend

United States
    that's actually what pisses me off most about sony. they care so much for their own security, but the security of their fanbase is an afterthought or no thought at all. for that reason, they shouldn't be in business. psn was hacked its first time a few years before the big one, and the ceo at the time, Howard Stinger, admitted that he was never told about it. wtf?

Hayato213 likes this.
  7. leon315

leon315 POWERLIFTER

Italy
    so instead like M$ and $ony pay big money to engineers Nintondo just pay a lots of BONES to lawyerbulldogs and bite any hackers, guess bulldogs are cheaper than engineers xD

8. godreborn

godreborn GBAtemp Legend

United States
    no, sony does the court thing too as ps3 scene history proves. there's a famous photo of graf being arrested for hacking the ps3. he's on the ground surrounded by policemen. it's a fucking game system not nuke codes, but I guess when you have money.

9. cashboxz01

cashboxz01 Advanced Member
    Newcomer

United States
    there's not much demand for it by the same set of people.

-most of the people who are smart enough to find and utilize these exploits are relatively skilled. nowadays it's much easier than in the past to monetize these types of skills for very good salaries. hence this eliminates the need/want to get some free games.

10. KiiWii

KiiWii Reporter
    Reviewer

United Kingdom
    Keys. Keys are what is required.

Goku1992A and Hayato213 like this.
  11. MeAndHax

OP MeAndHax Impolite person with some modding knowledge.

Germany
    We don’t have Switch keys tho and yet we can.

So you both worry that your encrypted credit card info will be stolen? Thus I wouldn’t compare Sony‘s security from 2020 to a 2011 incident. It’s not the same Sony as it used to be.
    Everyone makes mistakes and by doing so Sony has learned it the hard way and stepped up their security even more so I wouldn’t worry at all.

12. Hayato213

Hayato213 GBAtemp Guru

United States
    Well mine was recent, that why I removed my credit card completely, Sony network security is a joke through.

13. Tom Bombadildo

Tom Bombadildo Dick, With Balls
    Reviewer

United States
    Because the Switch's RCM exploit runs before boot. Unless the PS4 has some magical recovery software available that we can get into before boot, it's just not going to happen.

Also, this is why we can't have cold boot on Switch after a certain firmware, we don't have any exploits there. It's also why we can't have CFW on patched units (and Switch Lite), because the RCM exploit was patched and there's no exploit for the bootrom past a certain firmware. Modchips will accomplish this, but these are with hardware exploits, not software.

Leeful and KiiWii like this.
  14. IdontHavePS4

IdontHavePS4 Advanced Member
    Newcomer

United States
    so we all agree that the PS4 scene is awesome, playing games from 199x in 2020, this is the latest homebrew for this scene.

I think everyone will buy a PS5 console so they can play 30 years old games in 202x ...

Play 30 years of old games for 500-700 euros (the price of a new console) in 202x. it's worth it !!

15. ital

ital GBAtemp Maniac

I got keys, coming from overseas...

16. KiiWii

KiiWii Reporter
    Reviewer

United Kingdom
    Swwweeeeeeet. It rhymes too.

17. Tumoche

Tumoche GBAtemp Regular

Spain
    Will an emunand become possible with the new exploit?

18. Tom Bombadildo

Reviewer

United States
    It's not a bootloader exploit, so no.

19. smf

smf GBAtemp Psycho!

United Kingdom
    I reckon you could do some sort of emunand on ps4, loading up a prehacked kernal rather like the Linux kernal gets loaded.

But nobody is interested enought in doing it

20. Tom Bombadildo

Reviewer

United States
    Once again, you need a bootloader exploit to do this. We have no exploits that run before the OS is loaded. It's not a matter of "nobody is interested", it's a matter of "we have no exploit, and no one has found an exploit yet".

Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - EmuNand, create,