Why is GBAtemp being treated like a Digg clone?

dib

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Are there any mods whom maybe want to do something about the surge in non-video game related news, as users flock here just to be the first to repost whatever headline we could see nearly any other place on the internet?

Jakob95

I am the Avatar
Suspended
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That is the best part of this website. I love when these news get posted. Thank you community for making us open to the world more than only gaming.

Costello

Headmaster
Administrator
Trophies
XP
I agree with Jakob95, I like to see those news. I learn a lot of stuff.
How about 'if you dont like them, dont read them' ?

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
GBAtemp is a video gaming website but isn't limited to that alone. Why do you think we have the BMTM, General Off Topic, and Edge of Forums?

If you're talking about the flood of political news in User Submitted News, it's just been a busy news week. Countries going into civil war and Polish presidents dying don't happen oh so frequently, let alone in a stretch of a few days. There's been suggestions of USN being for only video gaming news and political/other news being moved to General Off Topic.

You'd be surprised at the amount of people who rely on non-news sites for news. I'm sure there's a few people here he don't watch the news and get most of their news from here. Hell, I hardly watch the news any more. I used to, but I've been spending more time elsewhere. I get most of my headlines from here.

And for the record, I still have no fucking clue what a Digg is.

lolzed

The GBAtemp Pichu
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
maybe just split the forums into two,that was a suggestion a while ago.I like the news actually,but you should split video gaming and politics

dice

pansy-ass ex-staff member
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
There was the suggestion of splitting the user submitted news into two sub forums ("gaming" and "other") which I do think is a good idea.

With that said, I also enjoy reading the non-video game related news.

Ace Gunman

~••Lucky҉Shot••~
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Canada
Splitting it wouldn't change the fact that when you click the user-submitted news tab you'd see such articles. No sense creating more sections when it could and is handled fairly well by one.

FluffyLunamoth

Still a Touhou Fanatic
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
tinymonkeyt said:
shinkukage09 said:
Snorlax said:
I like the news how it is now.
It keeps me informed! :]

This. I generally cba to go elsewhere, not enough time in the day.
Yeah! I mean, why go to two places for your news when you can just get your daily info on one site?

Is that sarcasm? ._.

DCG

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
the site is fine as it is now. here you can get confirmation about news in other countries that might or may not be true.

tinymonkeyt

GBAtemp brat
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Lol, no, not sarcasm -_______-x

Like really... some people spend their time on other websites, as well as the 'Temp, for gaming and world news...but if the 'Temp already has world news integrated, people wouldn't have to waste as much time reading up on it elsewhere!

Hadrian

Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How about an option to mark the news as none video game related news? That way those who can't simply just ignore this news can disable the option to see such news instead of whining and complaining all the time.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: