Homebrew Why is Dolphin Emulator suddenly going slow

ChronicMasturbator

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
I have 2 different Dolphin install folders (both with a "portable" text file in either) because some games work better with a specific version than simply the latest. Anyway i recorded a little bit of footage here of Silent Hill Shattered Memories starting up on my PC using a screen recorder (btw the flashing at the start doesn't happen when i launch the game, for some strange reason it just recorded that way) however the rest of it is exactly how it goes each time - like in slow, distorted, motion. I tried all my other Wii/GameCube games with both versions of Dolphin that i have and on each game it's doing exactly the same... only thing is i haven't changed a single setting whatsoever on either installs and they've been like this on my PC for atleast a few years now and always ran perfect. Literally just out of the blue they aren't now and i've checked all my drivers and they're all up to date too... anyone know what's going on?

My PC specs (incase needed)

Operating System : Windows 10 Home x64
SSD : Samsung 960 Evo M.2 250GB NVMe
Motherboard : ASRock Z390 Pro4
CPU : i5-9400F @ 2.9GHz
GPU : Gigabyte GTX1060 G1 Gaming
RAM : 16GB (DDR4)
Power Supply : Thermaltake Toughpower GX1 600W 80+ Gold

danny19901

Trophies
XP
Country
I have 2 different Dolphin install folders (both with a "portable" text file in either) because some games work better with a specific version than simply the latest. Anyway i recorded a little bit of footage here of Silent Hill Shattered Memories starting up on my PC using a screen recorder (btw the flashing at the start doesn't happen when i launch the game, for some strange reason it just recorded that way) however the rest of it is exactly how it goes each time - like in slow, distorted, motion. I tried all my other Wii/GameCube games with both versions of Dolphin that i have and on each game it's doing exactly the same... only thing is i haven't changed a single setting whatsoever on either installs and they've been like this on my PC for atleast a few years now and always ran perfect. Literally just out of the blue they aren't now and i've checked all my drivers and they're all up to date too... anyone know what's going on?

My PC specs (incase needed)

Operating System : Windows 10 Home x64
SSD : Samsung 960 Evo M.2 250GB NVMe
Motherboard : ASRock Z390 Pro4
CPU : i5-9400F @ 2.9GHz
GPU : Gigabyte GTX1060 G1 Gaming
RAM : 16GB (DDR4)
Power Supply : Thermaltake Toughpower GX1 600W 80+ Gold
What's your dolphin settings and what version dolphin you using for this I have similar spec pc will take a look at it for you
I have i7 7700k @4.7GHZ all 4 cores
GTX1060 6GB
16GB Ram

Sent from my GM1920 using Tapatalk

ChronicMasturbator

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
What's your dolphin settings and what version dolphin you using for this I have similar spec pc will take a look at it for you
I have i7 7700k @4.7GHZ all 4 cores
GTX1060 6GB
16GB Ram

Sent from my GM1920 using Tapatalk
I can just send you copies of my install folders... but as i said they always worked perfect for years and i haven't changed anything at all, so why's this happening?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    NinStar @ NinStar: It will actually make it worse