Why I'm getting an M3 Real

Discussion in 'M3 Adapter' started by saxamo, Jul 31, 2008.

Jul 31, 2008

Why I'm getting an M3 Real by saxamo at 5:28 AM (1,355 Views / 0 Likes) 14 replies

1. saxamo
    OP

Member saxamo Spaaaaace!

United States
    Weeeelp, after losing the recent contest for an iTouch, I'm going to bite the bullet and get a slot-1 solution. The expanded memory is probably the most attractive option. I considered some of the "budget" cards, like iTouch and DSTT but, I shied away. The firmwares in those cards are lackluster at best. I'd rather pay a little more for the software. I've read a little into the Sakura developments and I'm VERY excited for that!

I'm immensely happy with my G6lite. It's given me no problems and the firmware and loader updates have been fantastic and frequent. The team is great and I'd like to continue to support them. I've found it for $39 at Realhotstuff. I like them because the shipping is very fast (they're located in the next state over). But I'd like to get it cheaper if I can. Any suggestions?

Also: I'm having trouble with deciding between 4 and 8 gb cards. I realize 4 is much enough, but I guess I'd like to dole out a little more for a sense of security.

Thanks,
    Sax

2. AXYPB

Member AXYPB GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    If you live on the East Coast, RealHotStuff will not let you down. Get the normal USPS shipping and you'll have it in two business days if you're close and lucky enough.

As for the MicroSD, most people say that 4 GB is more than enough. I would recommend getting the 8 GB if you're interested in storing a lot of movies and music.

3. Joe88

Member Joe88 [λ]

United States
    since you already have a G6 lite a regular M3 Real package would be fine for you
    and 4GB would also seem enough
    (I myself would probably be better off with 6GB because I have all the GBA games and such stored on the slot-1 microsd card also)

4. Japhle

Member Japhle GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Yeah, unless if you're like me and like having your card Completely stuffed with games and stuff, In which I would probably recommend a 6GB Micro SDHC, but if you don't do that I recommend just getting a 4GB card.

5. Joe88

Member Joe88 [λ]

United States
  6. saxamo
    OP

Member saxamo Spaaaaace!

United States
    hmm...I've been doing my research and I just might get an iTouch and run the triple loader on it. I save like 20 bucks.

Although it would suck to A)be stuck with the M3real and iTouch firmwares in Japanese and B) go through the life of the card relying on a hack. Not to discredit the people working on it at all, but I don't want to one day be stuck with the iTouch firmware, wishing I had gotten an M3...

7. saxamo
    OP

Member saxamo Spaaaaace!

United States
    Eh, disregard my last post. I got an m3. Thanks for all your help

8. gangsterboi

Member gangsterboi GBAtemp Regular

United Kingdom
    Why not the ace2? It is a budget card with great firmware?

9. chubbinpops

Newcomer chubbinpops Newbie

United States
    Why I will never touch M3 again.

1st cart.... m3-cf, very expensive at the time. Support got dropped, suddenly there were too many new roms I couldn't run, so I had buy a new cart.

2nd cart..... m3-simply, firmware updates have now stopped, now facing having to buy another cart even though it's still fully functional as is my old m3-cf

3rd cart..... m3 ?, no i don't think so

10. saxamo
    OP

Member saxamo Spaaaaace!

United States
    I did consider the acekard and it really was between these two but...what can I say, it's brand loyalty, I guess... >.> The acekard was only 5 dollars less so not a big price difference...

The m3 simply was their first shot at a slot-1 solution. It's been a good while since then and I'm sure they wont abandon the M3real.

11. Parsaw

Member Parsaw GBAtemp Regular

United States
    GOOD CHOICE JEREMY!~

12. Joe88

Member Joe88 [λ]

United States
    outdated hardware my friend

they basically have a time line on their front page of m3adapter

13. carterman

Member carterman GBAtemp Regular

United States

I live in Texas, ordered Sunday night, got mine Wednesday morning. Not too bad.

14. saxamo
    OP

Member saxamo Spaaaaace!

United States
    Well, it got here yesterday and know I made the right choice! The 8gig card is good space for having entire collections of roms and whatnot. I can't wait till eng sakura is officially released by the team.

15. Joe88

Member Joe88 [λ]

United States
    Ive been waiting for that for a long time now
    2 months and counting

im fine on regular firmware though, I know where everything is and what it does but when I tried the eng hacked sakura (insert confusion) as I had no idea what most of the icons did