and you pay 5 times as much

Reactions: slaphappygamer

JuanMena

90's Kid, Old Skull Gamer & Artist
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Yesterday I stepped on my SONY Noise Cancelling headphones...
I thought: Maybe I'll use Apple's earbuds?
So I did and they fucking suck.

Not only they get pushed out by my own ears, they don't fit properly, they hurt, they sound awfully bad compared to SONY.

And all I thought was:
I can't believe people pays for this fucking shit.
Apple fucking sucks.

I miss my SONY headphones :cry:

RichardTheKing

Honestly XC2>XC3...
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
The only Apple thing I like is macOS, honestly, due to just how clean and user-friendly it is compared to Windows. Finder has inbuilt tab support and it's much easier to find things using it; the desktop now collects things into groups (Images, documents, etc.) instead of letting it remain as clutter; the menu bar and Dock separation is great...

If I could easily install macOS on a non-proprietary system - that has better specs and would be comparatively cheaper - then I'd be all for it. That'd be a great move, especially since that's what Microsoft has been doing for decades.
Except Apple doesn't allow that, so...ugh. Expensive weak laptops, because that apparently brings in more money than licensing the OS out would.

Other than macOS, I couldn't care less about Apple.

smileyhead

I like cute stuff.
Trophies
Website
sites.google.com
XP
Country
Hungary
If I could easily install macOS on a non-proprietary system - that has better specs and would be comparatively cheaper - then I'd be all for it. That'd be a great move, especially since that's what Microsoft has been doing for decades.
Except Apple doesn't allow that, so...ugh. Expensive weak laptops, because that apparently brings in more money than licensing the OS out would.
You can, with mixed results. Depending on your hardware, it might work well, though. They are called ‘Hackintoshes.’

Deleted member 668561

GBAtemp Official Psychonaut
OP
Banned
Trophies
somewhere within 4 dimensional space-time
XP
Country
United States
Now you just need an Android phone with decent long-term support ;O;

its called root, twrp, and custom roms, my google nexus 5 runs android 10 perfectly, try to run ios 14 on an iphone 4 or 5..........

The only Apple thing I like is macOS, honestly, due to just how clean and user-friendly it is compared to Windows. Finder has inbuilt tab support and it's much easier to find things using it; the desktop now collects things into groups (Images, documents, etc.) instead of letting it remain as clutter; the menu bar and Dock separation is great...

yeah its called hackintosh, its more reliable on intel machines, since apple doesn't use amd

Last edited by Deleted member 668561,

Deleted member 668561

OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
10 years is exaggerating

Nah, tis true, ya know that face recognition feature to unlock your phone? Androids had that since around 2010, they even make you blink, so you can't use a pic of my face, iphones recently got this too, cause apple made sure to put it in recent iphone commercials, like they created the idea

Deleted member 668561

OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Apple focuses on how much money they can siphon from you, make a phone that is very likely going break out of warranty, charge you a shit ton to fix it, I know a guy his name is louis rossmann, he can tell you all about their tactics, apple doesn't even want you to be able to buy your own parts to fix your phone,

they just be like well this phone is over a year old buy our newest one, cause we'll charge the same to fix your old one

Plus if apple is so secure, why is it constantly jailbroken? Plus we all should know not to use icloud and apple maps

Julie_Pilgrim

Secretly three raccoons in a trench coat
Trophies
Website
zoey-on-github.github.io
XP
Country
United States

Huh, that’s the only apple thing I don’t like, even though I prefer android, I’m fine with iOS, it works and looks nice but I never really liked macOS

Chary

Never sleeps
Chief Editor
Trophies
Website
opencritic.com
XP
Country
United States
As someone who used to only use Apple products, they’re really gone to crap. You can cry and wave your arms and scream that Apple was always overpriced and wah wah, but they were genuinely innovative throughout the late 2000s/early 2010s.

These days, the iPhone line might as well be a budget spec’d phone at premium prices, and their macOS has become more bloated with every entry. The main draw of Apple used to be ease of use and optimization. Now they have neither.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't really buy apple products, but I did buy an itouch from my sister. a first generation iTouch, I might add. it still works perfectly, but my god is the screen small.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

however, you're right. mp3s have been around for quite some time before the ipod. heck, I even remember mp2s.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Veho @ Veho:
    The fuuuuu---
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I thought it was an actual xBox at that price.
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    I wanna grab a 360 Slim and a 360 E one of these days. Missed the boat of getting them at their lowest though, once they were discontinued. Could've got them for cheap back when I was a broke 20 something working at Target, but then again, I was a broke 20 something working at Target
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Being broke is no fun.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @Sicklyboy, $150 isn't that bad for a jtag slim on ebay
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I only wish it was actually playable.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    There's a guy on the Tube of You that makes playable mechanical arcade games out of Lego. This could work on the same principle.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Just a couple of guys taking their manatee out for some fresh air, why you have to molest them?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Stupid Chinese shop switched their shipping company and this one is slooooooow.
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    STOP BUYING CHINESE CRAP THEN
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    SUPPORT LOCAL PRODUCTS, MAKE REVOLUTION
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    THEY KEEP REMOVING LOCAL SHIt AND REPLACING WItH INFERIOR CHINESE CRAP
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    THATS WHY MY PARTNER CANT GET A GOOTWEAR HIS SIZE ANYMORE
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    HE HAS BIG FOOT AND BIG DUCK
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    d*ck i mean*
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    lol
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Mkay.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I just ordered another package from China just to spite you.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Leo could not withstand communism.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Its OUR products to begin with lol.
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @LeoTCK actually good quality products are dying out because they can't compete with dropshipped chinese crap
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: @LeoTCK actually good quality products are dying out because they can't compete with dropshipped...