Why I hate Dragon Ball, and most other anime's.

Xuphor

I have lied to all of you. I am deeply sorry.
OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
5.jpg

You can't deny that it's true, all your anime fans.

Side note: WTF GBATEMP?!?!??!?!?!?!?!? It worked when I first posted, now it's suddenly too big? Fixing, unlike what GBATemp is doing with this screwie image problem.
Fixed. Seriously GBATemp, fix that freaking bug, it's annoying as hell.

Rizsparky

Saiyan Prince
Trophies
XP
Country
Dragon Ball is one of the most watched animes of all time. In my opinion the more the episodes the better and machomuu, your retrospective is on point! its awesome.

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
machomuu said:
A Gay Little Catboy said:
raulpica said:
Watch DBZ Kai, it should be a LOT better paced.
Too bad it sucked so hard.
I loves my DBZ Kai. Not as good as DBZ, though, and they shouldn't have changed the voices.
It would have been better if they didn't just take out half the episodes and just repackage it. Not to say I didn't mind rewatching DBZ, but I was at least hoping for better animation (like the one used in the intro or something) or at least a difference perspective on the show, like more content explaining shit.

machomuu

Drops by occasionally
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
machomuu said:
raulpica said:
Watch DBZ Kai, it should be a LOT better paced.
Too bad it sucked so hard.
I loves my DBZ Kai. Not as good as DBZ, though, and they shouldn't have changed the voices.
It would have been better if they didn't just take out half the episodes and just repackage it. Not to say I didn't mind rewatching DBZ, but I was at least hoping for better animation (like the one used in the intro or something) or at least a difference perspective on the show, like more content explaining shit.
Yeah, honestly that's what I was hoping DBK would be before release.

BrightNeko

Popcorn ball
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
its usually long running anime that has the problem of something taking 3 or more episodes to do a single things. Shorter animes (short being 55 episodes or less) usually get things over with quickly. Examples includes
Full metal alchemist brotherhood
spice and wolf
kamichu
princess tutu
eden of the east
welcome to the NHK

That said there are plenty of long runners worth it like one piece, yu yu hakusho, and samurai X.

DBZ is just the most popular of the long runners and abused it the most because the manga was still being made beside the anime.

machomuu

Drops by occasionally
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Either way I just last year downloaded and watched all of Dragon Ball Z over, uncut. I think I might do it again, God do I love that show
wub.gif

My main problem with it was that there weren't enough outside battle moments, for instance, you almost never got to see what the Son family was like regularly, or the Vegeta/Briefs family, or any of them. Toriyama created such a large world that you never really got to explore after the time-skip from Dragon Ball to Dragon Ball Z.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

eof

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: