Why i can't play GBA games on SYSNAND

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by 20mark, Aug 23, 2015.

1. 20mark
    OP

20mark GBAtemp Regular

Mar 25, 2011
    Italy
    Italy
    Hello, i got a N3DS 9.0 SYSNAND with patched agb_firm.
    I wanted to play some GBA games without installing them in emunand too, because i think its a waste of precious space.
    I tried with either REInand and Cakes CFW, GBA game works if installed in both SYSNAND and EMUNAND
    but i've read that i'ts not necessaruy to install in emunand too if you have patched agb_firm in sysnand.
    so i unistalled gba game completely and reinstalled in SYSNAND only, but it throws me out the same error in both REI and Cake, "an error has occourred please turn off 3ds"

at this point, i'm not sure i cam run GBA games in sysnand only. Am i wrong?

2. Daisies

Daisies Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Aug 17, 2015
    UK
    A waste of space? Surely your SD card isn't that small. GBA games don't take up that many blocks.

MattKimura likes this.
  3. failzers

failzers Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Aug 3, 2015
    United States
    Waste of space? What, do you have a 4mb card?

4. MattKimura

MattKimura 3DS & WiiU Enthusiast

Jun 30, 2014
    United States
    It took me about 700 MB in total to install to both sysnand and emunand, which is pretty much the size of about a 3DS game. If you're using Rxtools/Reinand/ANY CFW that's purely based on Cia games, I highly recommend using a 64 GB SD card (CLASS 10)

When Rxtools comes out on N3DS (It DOES support N3DS right now, but not publicly released yet) it will be another option when it comes to trying to run GBA games in sysnand.

5. asesin22

asesin22 GBAtemp Regular

Sep 21, 2014
    Bilbao, Spain
    use reinand v2.1 and press start + b and play gba game ^_^. Before this in sysnand mode install gba cia game on real nand with FBI.

6. 20mark
    OP

20mark GBAtemp Regular

Mar 25, 2011
    Italy
    Italy
    I only want to know if there's someone that have gba games installed and working on sysnand only. I know about Roxas but apart that it's too unstable I think that behave like others cfw's and throws me the same error.
    Obiviously I used the sysnand supported rei cfw too @asesin22. Can you run gba games in Sys only?

7. asesin22

asesin22 GBAtemp Regular

Sep 21, 2014
    Bilbao, Spain
    Yes only on sysnand, in emunand black screen and error message.

8. joeh1974

joeh1974 GBAtemp Regular

May 14, 2012
    United States
    I have all my GBA games running on sysnand running under Pasta CFW.

9. Xenon Hacks

Xenon Hacks GBAtemp Guru

Nov 13, 2014
    United States
    Did you install the patched agb_firm to your Sysnand using devmenu (not titlemanager/bigbluemenu)?

Last edited by Xenon Hacks, Aug 24, 2015
    20mark and Zidapi like this.
  10. 20mark
    OP

20mark GBAtemp Regular

Mar 25, 2011
    Italy
    Italy
    Nope, installed with FBI as stated in the guide on gbatemp. Should I've installed with dev menu?

11. Xenon Hacks

Xenon Hacks GBAtemp Guru

Nov 13, 2014
    United States
    Yes use devmenu

20mark likes this.
  12. 20mark
    OP

20mark GBAtemp Regular

Mar 25, 2011
    Italy
    Italy
    Thanks. I'll try later. So I have to remove patched cia and install the same patched cia with devmenu, right?

13. Xenon Hacks

Xenon Hacks GBAtemp Guru

Nov 13, 2014
    United States
    That's the the thing i'm almost positive when you attempted to installed it with FBI it never actually installed so just use devmenu.

20mark likes this.
  14. 20mark
    OP

20mark GBAtemp Regular

Mar 25, 2011
    Italy
    Italy
    It's weird because if I have gba game installed in both nands it works so I assume that is installed.

15. asesin22

asesin22 GBAtemp Regular

Sep 21, 2014
    Bilbao, Spain
    on reinand in sysnand mode pressing start + b in logo screen

16. 20mark
    OP

20mark GBAtemp Regular

Mar 25, 2011
    Italy
    Italy
    @asesin22 please dont post again and again the same thing. If you had read my post you would have known that i can access sysnand from Rei. You aren't helping me. thanks.

@Xenon Hacks you're right. Installed patched agb_firm with devmenu and now i got gba games running in sysnand. i dont know why FBI didn't work. thank you helping me solving my problem.