Homebrew Why I can't install "Watch Dogs" or "Need for Speed".

sa6a2002

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Bulgaria
I am using SD card 32GB. I tried to install it on USB internal storage 64GB. It crashed when reached 52MB. Same happened when I tried to download it on NAND.
What can I do, bought the game!?

petethepug

PUG
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Most of the time people say re-insert the sd card. Or the HDD. Others suggest re-installing the homebrew app to install WUP's or back them up.

Its not the Wii U obviously. Or Haxchi. It should work.
Try booting into Haxchi and try again, see what happens.

CORE

3:16
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Just retry I had same problem couple times with games also make sure they have simple folder file names even if you name it ABC if you have to the symbols like Copyright or Registered etc cause problems too or if the filename too long to read from.

petethepug

PUG
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just retry I had same problem couple times with games also make sure they have simple folder file names even if you name it ABC if you have to the symbols like Copyright or Registered etc cause problems too or if the filename too long to read from.
It should still be the same file name. Unless its a registered WUP file. Using Disc2App or another backup service. If you backed it up nothing should fail if its your own disc. Just don't install more than what the Wii U can take on a HDD.

sa6a2002

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Bulgaria
Most of the time people say re-insert the sd card. Or the HDD. Others suggest re-installing the homebrew app to install WUP's or back them up.

Its not the Wii U obviously. Or Haxchi. It should work.
Try booting into Haxchi and try again, see what happens.
The most interesting is that, that when I try to install nintendo's game in most times there is no problem, but when I try to install let's say Ubisoft there is every time problem.

icw35

Trophies
XP
Country
Try getting another copy. Check game name has no special characters in title. Try another sd card.

Braedyn

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
1. Make sure you run Custom firmware before installing.
2. Before install and CFW, check your usb's storage, if it's usb 3.0 or higher, don't use it otherwise the game won't come back from the usb, happened to me with some games before.
3. Finally, keep an eye on the download,
If this doesn't work, I'd highly suggest getting a better sd card, probably a class 10 32gb sdhc, and get a different storage device.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: Imagine putting your butt near it :tpi: