Hacking Why I can not use my dstwo plus to play gba roms?

Kayleea

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I tried to play gba roms both on my 3ds and ndsl, but both failed.
I download the GBA emulator, unzip it and then copy the two files "NDSGBA" and "_dstwoplug" onto root of the TF card. THen I copy some gba roms to the tf card.
After I inserted the dstwo plus flashcart into my NDSL/3DS, I clicked the flashcard icon and then it showed "NO FIND SYSTEM FILES".
So what's the reason ?

Kayleea

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I tried to update the card's firmware, but it still shows "NO FIND SYSTEM FILES" after I clicked the dstwo plus icon. SO why ?

Arecaidian Fox

fox-ott
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I tried to update the card's firmware, but it still shows "NO FIND SYSTEM FILES" after I clicked the dstwo plus icon. SO why ?
Double-check that your microSD card is formatted correctly. If the filesystem is in a format the card can't read it doesn't matter if you have all the files in the correct places. Also, what kind of DS are you playing on? If I remember right the firmware for the card differs between DS/DS Lite, DSi and 3DS/N3DS.

Last edited by Arecaidian Fox,

Arecaidian Fox

fox-ott
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I remember it was FAT32, what I was checking was the cluster size. Seems to be the default 32KB cluster size on mine. Normally cluster size doesn't matter, but it actually caused an issue with my DSTWO before.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I did format it into FAT32, but still no avail .:angry:
I'd completely zero out the card and start fresh, it's possible something got mucked up. Use the tools and instructions linked in the guide I showed you. Something like MiniTool Partition Wizard is also a good tool. If nothing you try works, grab a different microSD to test this out with, as it's possible yours could be faulty (happened to me a few times, even with reliable brands).

migles

All my gbatemp friends are now mods, except for me
Trophies
XP
Country
China
Last edited by migles,
Reactions: wormdood

Kayleea

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
https://www.sdcard.org/downloads/formatter_4/index.html
use this, format the card with options adjust size ON and full format overwrite.
then download from here http://eng.supercard.sc/download.html and put the _dstwo folder inside the TF card

try to re-insert the TF card, my dstwo doesn't like when i insert it other way.
try another TF card..

the "no find system files" means it can't read the TF card..

Okay, I used your way to format the tf card.
but what files I should put on the tf card to be able to play GBA games with dstwo plus ?

migles

All my gbatemp friends are now mods, except for me
Trophies
XP
Country
China

Kayleea

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Previously some other guides from the website are very confusing and misleading.
Thanks, I finally got it work. I have the files "_dstwo","_dstwoplug" and "TEMPGBA" on the root of tf card.

Kayleea

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Do you have the GBA system bios file? Im not sure where you need to put it, but you need that to run TempGBA.

Do you mean the "gba_bios.bin" file ? If yes, it's right in the TEMPGBA folder downloaded from the internet.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: good night