Homebrew Why Homebrew Broswer doesn't work...

nooby89

A normal member with a stupid alias
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
In the version 2.0 of the homebrew loader (ninjhax...), the Homebrew Broswer is empty, no homebrew are listed...
Someone a solution, or is it just the application that is old ???

TecXero

Technovert
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
On your SD card, the path to the homebrew should be something like:

/3ds/<name of application>/<name of application>.3dsx

For example:
/3ds/CHMM/CHMM.3dsx

nooby89

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Yes it's : /3ds/homebrew-browser/homebrew-browser.3dsx + homebrew-browser.smdh
After i load the homebrew from my 3DS, and nothing appears in the homebrew shop...
Like this :

Attachments

• 1.png
    1.png
    11.9 KB · Views: 383

TecXero

Technovert
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes it's : /3ds/homebrew-browser/homebrew-browser.3dsx + homebrew-browser.smdh
After i load the homebrew form my 3DS, and nothing appears in the homebrew shop...
Like this :
Oh, I misunderstood you. I thought you were posting about the Homebrew Loader. Yeah, that application has probably been abandoned and the service down. Unless you want to set up your own server and compile a new version with your server, it's worthless.

nooby89

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Oh, I misunderstood you. I thought you were talking about the Homebrew Loader. Yeah, that application has probably been abandoned and the service down. Unless you want to set up your own server and compile a new version with your server, it's worthless.
An alternative exist ???
Like Download Mii (service down too)

TecXero

Technovert
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
An alternative exist ???
Like Download Mii (service down too)
Actually, I just looked up Homebrew Browser on Github and it looks like it still sees some activity: https://github.com/zeta0134/3ds-homebrew-browser
Probably just doesn't have the server ready or something. Either way, homebrew "markets" like that rarely last more than a few months. I'd recommend just getting used to manually managing homebrew yourself. I use FTProny to easily manage what's on my 3DS's SD card. It's not bad, it's mostly just drag and drop. You generally don't have to patch anything or any other preparations.

nooby89

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
The only Homebrew market not down like that is the Homebrew Broswer on the Wii...
I think I should try to make my own Homebrew Shop, it's a good challenge !!!
But, i'm novice, i should try to coding à little game before... Like, Pong or whatever ;)
Thanks for the answear ;)

TecXero

Technovert
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The only Homebrew market not down like that is the Homebrew Broswer on the Wii...
I think I should try to make my own Homebrew Shop, it's a good challenge !!!
But, i'm novice, i should try to coding à little game before... Like, Pong or whatever ;)
Thanks for the answear ;)
Keep in mind you'd have to not only keep a server running, but you'll have to keep the applications you're hosting up to date. That's why they usually fall apart after a while. Some will still run as a forgotten host, but will have horribly outdated applications.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pkYA4rALqEE