Hardware Why haven't you bought a 3DS yet?

Chaosruler

Trophies
XP
Country
Israel
Because I am paying a dopping $400 for a "$250" worth console without any library and might as well have a revision to include better battery-lifetime, why waste my money on a console before it gets life if I can buy the same console steroided (anyhow) with life later on? the DS library proven to be big enough to last and there's still what to look forward to, like Shin Megami Tensei Devil Survivor 2

fvig2001

Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
1. I'm waiting for a 3DS Lite/XL (Preferably XL) since the current one has too many issues
2. I have a big back log of pc, ps2, ps3, ds, psp, 360 and wii games to finish first.
3. If it gets hacked, I may think of getting it soon for applications like Colours and such.
4. It's simply not worth the investment as of now.

Icealote

My Winter...
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
I haven't bought a 3DS because I was given one as a gift
frown.gif
I wanted to feel that sole independent feeling of owning one lol

s4mid4re

Trophies
Website
v4.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
Icealote said:
I haven't bought a 3DS because I was given one as a gift
frown.gif
I wanted to feel that sole independent feeling of owning one lol
FFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUU

I'm so jelly.
tongue.gif

Also, the only thing that will definitely make me buy a 3DS would be a hack/flashcart that allows you to play games from other regions (unless Ninty decides to remove region lock, that is)

phantastic91

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I have one and I would not recommend getting one right now.

1) battery is bad. i have run into times where the red light flashes like crazy to warn you that the battery is going to die.
2) the screen isn't that bright and the dslite/ i brightness is much stronger and yet the battery on the 3ds still sucks.
3) the top screen is extremely reflective to the point where it is best played indoors. 3d does not work properly out in sunlight.
4) i said this many times before but i won't stop until it's fixed : Ghosting ghosting ghosting!!!!
5) horrible 3d viewing angle. even if its in front of you it still might not work and you have to adjust it around. annoying? yes.
6) this is personal: i hate the feeling of the 3ds buttons. i rather have the buttons on my dsi. also the top screen is a gigantic fingerprint magnet.

once nintendo releases a revision i would get it right away. its almost guaranteed that the screen will be better than before since they always improve on that.

Jasper07

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
1) It only has 3D. What a huge difference /sarcasm
2) the games suck, are bad quality and they suck
3) it looks ugly
4) I dont have a smartphone yet
5) Its not much better than the DSi
6) there's probably a newer version the day after I buy it
7) the 3D sucks, it's a handheld and if you move it a bit the whole 3D effect is gone, while there's a gyro sensor and a motion sensor in it for some reason.
8) the battery sucks
9) screen isnt too bright ( I know it's because of the 3D but it's still not bright)
10) I already have a DSi and a DS Lite and I still regret the purchase of my DSi.
11) It's not hacked yet.
12) the internal hardware is from 2006 or something I mean wtf?! at least put a dual core in there!

Untill they get PS3 quality on a DS I'm not impressed.

s4mid4re

Trophies
Website
v4.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
Jasper07 said:
1) It only has 3D. What a huge difference /sarcasm
2) the games suck, are bad quality and they suck
3) it looks ugly
4) I dont have a smartphone yet
5) Its not much better than the DSi
6) there's probably a newer version the day after I buy it
7) the 3D sucks, it's a handheld and if you move it a bit the whole 3D effect is gone, while there's a gyro sensor and a motion sensor in it for some reason.
8) the battery sucks
9) screen isnt too bright ( I know it's because of the 3D but it's still not bright)
10) I already have a DSi and a DS Lite and I still regret the purchase of my DSi.
11) It's not hacked yet.
12) the internal hardware is from 2006 or something I mean wtf?! at least put a dual core in there!

Untill they get PS3 quality on a DS I'm not impressed.
The Vita's not really close to a PS3. It'll take ages for a nintendo handheld to reach PS3 quality.
laugh.gif

With the current technology, we'd need a fan going on inside the handheld (to prevent overheat) to make a handheld that is as powerful as a PS3.
rolleyes.gif

I wouldn't like that.
tongue.gif

Mantis41

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
[*]Poor library.[*]Poor battery life.[*]Pricey.[*]Build quality and fragility when considering for younger children.[*]DS games look worse. (and possibly smaller due to the letterbox effect)
unsure.gif
[*]We have become use to the larger screens on the XL.[*]Sweet spot is annoying especially for young kids who like to move around. I was hoping the 3D effect would not be so easy to break.[*]The console does not appear to be as powerful as we had hoped despite the poor battery life. It may be ok once it hits its stride.

Qtis

Grey Knight Inquisitor
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Zekrom_cool said:
klim28 said:
Answering this as if I was my friend. Waiting for a price drop.
But by that time wont there be newer consoles?

Not for quite a while, from Nintendo at least. Looking at older consoles like the PS3, the price drop has been significant *cough* 700$ to around 200-300$ *cough*.

-Qtis

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: "Now I know why he took his own life"