Homebrew Why hasn't Nintendo STILL removed Youtube from eShop?

ihaveahax

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Actually it would be pretty simple.
Simply force SSL in the app, and hardcode it to only accept YouTube's SSL certificate. Any page other than YouTube would be unable to load.
I think it's worth noting that, at least for youtube.com, currently the app uses plaintext HTTP for everything, according to 3dbrew. Although it can load HTTPS content, because I went to my own site that forces it for every page.

ihaveahax

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
the next firmware update will patch ninjhax 2/ironhax/tubehax and then ironfall will probably be slapped back onto the eshop.
This seems like the most likely response Nintendo is going to do, because Nintendo knows nobody interested in the homebrew scene is going to update their software. Alternatively, they could go down the route of the Wii U and prevent you from opening apps that the 3DS knows have an update available.

zoogie

playing around in the end of life
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Micronesia, Federated States of
But apps like YouTube have 64 MB to work with, do they not?
No, it's an applet that has to share 64 megs with the OS. This is why you can't access the browser on smash: because it takes an extra 16 megs from the OS's ram share.

ihaveahax

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No, it's an applet that has to share 64 megs with the OS. This is why you can't access the browser on smash: because it takes an extra 16 megs from the OS's ram share.
YouTube however doesn't reboot the console to take extra memory, therefore you could use the console browser while YouTube is open at the same time.

If I'm forgetting something, please tell me.

amoulton

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So Nintendo is a bitch ass pussy?

Yes Nintendo is a bitch ass pussy. But Google is not that evil.... In the end do no evil. Right.

By that logic Android should be allowed exploits cause it will allow hackers. To "improve" the system.
Android already grants ridiculous permissions and has adware on the Play store.

Abcdfv

What comes around goes around.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
By that logic Android should be allowed exploits cause it will allow hackers. To "improve" the system.
Most android phone manufacturers have bootloader keys that you allow you to unlock them now, and the Google Nexus phones just require typing "fastboot oem unlock" into ADB, no exploits required to run any unsigned code or make modifications to the ROMs, you are just allowed to.

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Most android phone manufacturers have bootloader keys that you allow you to unlock them now, and the Google Nexus phones just require typing "fastboot oem unlock" into ADB, no exploits required to run any unsigned code or make modifications to the ROMs, you are just allowed to.

However, if you root your Android device, it does void the warranty once you do, so unless you can remove all traces of it and somehow reverse it, warranties are a no go.

Abcdfv

What comes around goes around.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
However, if you root your Android device, it does void the warranty once you do, so unless you can remove all traces of it and somehow reverse it, warranties are a no go.
That's more of a "If you broke it being dumb we're not replacing it" though, than Nintendo's "You're just not allowed to" attitude.

TecXero

Technovert
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I wonder if Nintendo took more of a look at it and decided it wasn't worth it to fix. As, right now anyway, it only theoretically cuts into VC sales. I'd imagine most people who knows about emulators aren't too interested in spending more than they should for VC titles. Still, that doesn't really fit Nintendo, I can't imagine them looking at something like this logically and determining it's not much of a threat right now.

ironmaster49

Trophies
XP
Country
And why does nintendo even want to patch ironhax/tubehax? They dont have the permissions needed to run pirated games. just homebrew. Maybe you can say VC

loco365

Trophies
XP
Alcatel is great for this. If you root, even if you have a custom recovery, you can just have the phone off and use the Alcatel updating program to REFLASH the phone back to factory. It'll never look like it was tampered with. I did that to un-void my warranty before sending in my phone for a manufacturer's defect.

ironmaster49

Trophies
XP
Country
Yeah even my LG phone its the same. I just use KDZ updater it restores original bootloader firmware and rom and recovery

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

And its the same when restoring original NAND on 3ds

ihaveahax

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
And why does nintendo even want to patch ironhax/tubehax? They dont have the permissions needed to run pirated games. just homebrew. Maybe you can say VC
You can technically cheat in games by (soon) backing up and restoring save files of games with tdvs. These save files could even be edited on a computer, like PKHeX for Pokémon X/Y/OR/AS.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @SylverReZ, :creep: