Hacking Why hasn't Nintendo blocked the Sky3DS yet?

tony_2018

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
if each game has its unique ID the key is to find algorithm that Nintendo use to generate them. thinking logicically Nintendo cant provide every software update with complete list of every valid ID that will eat up all available memory just for that kind of database.
Having that kind of algorithm may enable flashcard to generate valid ID each time when 3DS ask for it and N cant do anything about it :)

I don't know much about how current gen flash cards work but i know that N. has plenty other ways to check for flashcard then stupid game ID...

Generating an ID out of the blue and is not part of Nintendos' DB does not fair well.

D

Deleted User

What if smea was working with Nintendo for months to prepare patching Ninjhax :unsure:

Dark-Sider

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Hi,

Sky3ds could be blocked, since switching the game does not require the cart to be taken out of the slot. Also the original cart emulation might have some odd timings which might make it detectable. However the basic concept is not blockable. The tradeoff is the limited functionality. You only can clone what already exists. Thus making a multi-rom menu within the console "impossible". The best way however would be a bluetooth or wifi enabled ROM-cart with an off-console rom switching menu running on your smartphone... This is the most convenient way those 1:1 emu-carts could get one day.

And if some team release such a card, I told you here first ;-)

bye,
Darky

donkeymilk

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Because the Sky3DS contains this:

Brown_Leghorn_rooster_in_Australia.jpg

And if Nintendo were to block it, they'd be:

COCK BLOCKERS

Also, ITT, people who have no idea what they are talking about.

Reactions: Kelton2

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @Psionic Roshambo, JonTron's back yet again until he disappears into the void for another 6 or...