Gaming Why has Pokemon being easy just dawned on now

tiamat999

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I know most people just realized that Pokemon was an easy series with sword and shield. But remember it's always been easy

Coolsonickirby

Trophies
Website
coolsonickirby.com
XP
Country
United States
I know most people just realized that Pokemon was an easy series with sword and shield. But remember it's always been easy
I only played Pokemon X from start to finish. I remember having to go to a Pokemon center to heal my pokemon. I also remember needing to get exp share. In Pokemon Sw (the version I'm playing), I'm getting healed after every battle (bit of an exaggeration, but not far from the truth.) I had exp share as soon as I got my Pokemon for some reason. My rival is a joke (All I did was spam Ember, Flame Charge, and Quick Attack.) They probably made it easier for kids.

altorn

Trophies
Website
atlaswing.zxq.net
XP
Country
Canada
Hard Pokemon game? Try a Pokemon Silver cartridge that has a "No windows available for popping" error whenever you save and you have to restart your GBC to keep playing. And when your GBC turns off without saving first, you lose ALL your progress.

Last edited by altorn,

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
Low IQ thread.

Forced Exp. Share makes it much easier than it used to be.
That's not really a difficulty thing. Before exp share you'd either end up with one insanely over-leveled Mon, or you'd waste a bunch of time by constantly rotating who's in front of your party (I did the latter). It didn't make the game any harder, just more tedious.

Minus the rose-tinted glasses for whichever generation you started with, yes, Pokemon has always been very easy by RPG standards. BW2's challenge mode perhaps being the one exception, as @robingilh pointed out. It's too bad that wasn't included in later gens.

Last edited by Xzi,

Seelbreaker

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I agree. Exp share just makes it less tedious to get another mons on the same level.
Especially when you realized that you should get a second pokemon on the same or near the level from the first Pokémon.

Slothbox

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Low IQ thread.

Forced Exp. Share makes it much easier than it used to be.
A very low IQ comment. Way less tedious though, I like the modern exp share because I cycle out my Pokemon each gym and select my final team for end game. Grinding a Pokemon does not make the game difficult it just makes it tedium. Pokemon has always been self imposed difficulty anyway. You can beat any game running just your starter. Also you can make statements without unnecessary spacing.

Last edited by Slothbox,

tides

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
no

pokemon was never as easy as sword/shield

yes, knowing type differences and the ability to use type advantage makes the game very easy but if you haven't noticed, in all the previous games, you actually have to know about type advantage because your rival will be there waiting to kick your butt if you don't

however sword/shield has your rival picking a team that you can wipe out with your starter.
bede is a little harder but he is always low on the pokemon count + exp share means that you will beable to kill him with your eyes closed

also the gyms in the earlier pokemon games were actually challenging too and it was something to look forward too, of course, this changed in x/y sun/moon sw/sh

now, the gyms are just fun minigames that seem a little pointless and dynamaxing is kinda pointless compared to mega because theres no stat/hp increase, meaning that i could just use 3 potions for the 3 turns the opponent uses dynamax and i wouldn't be missing anything

Last edited by tides,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uLN9qrJ8ESs