Homebrew [Why... Hans ans Braindump WHY!] Help me please

GamerB

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Well hi.... i try to insert Pokemon Y NEO on my 3DS original cartridge, but i want dump my .Romfs but this appears:

w7pCLOh.jpg

I try once and once and once and once and when i want dump my cartridge appears an rare color lines in the corner of the black screen and i wait (approximately 30 minutes) and nothing please help! i try to use braindump but givesme a .romfs with this name:

G1BLXgT.png

I don´t know what is that but i suppose the name of the Pokemon Y dumped file is: Y- 00055E00.romfs
but the braindump doesn´t let me choose the Pokemon Y

Please say me what is the name of that romfs file (program/game/ect) and how i can dump my file ¡please i wanna cry! :unsure::cry: i am desesperated

Olmectron

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
0004001000021100 is the title id for the Download Play app. You must select Pokémon Y from the title list.

You say it doesn't appear? Are you sure? Are you using cart or download? If using cart, try popping it out and in before trying to select a title with braindump.

GamerB

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
0004001000021100 is the title id for the Download Play app. You must select Pokémon Y from the title list.

You say it doesn't appear? Are you sure? Are you using cart or download? If using cart, try popping it out and in before trying to select a title with braindump.
But... i am not buying? why in my cart? or driving,and the title select doesn´t seems for my 3DS

Last edited by GamerB,

Lance Chaffey

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
gameworldplay.webs.com
XP
Country
United States
you need to put your .romfs in a folder called hans you create yourself on the root of sd card. from what i see you dont have that in the image
hans.jpg

also you need braindump and after clicking braindump app in Homebrew Loader you select what title to extract and wait till it finishes the extraction for that game will be a few hours then you get folder like you see in your image then you extract it with romfs extractor and save it as .romfs not .bin then edit it then use romfs builder to build it back together then open it in HxD the press CTRL + e in HxD then under end-offset put FFF then click ok the delete what gets highlighted then save then place in folder i specified in image then put sd back in 3ds the load hans then choose yes on romfs then click ok and it should work

EDIT:

remember to set the filename as the 8 digits from the right of the folder you extracted and example is 000400000011c400 folder so you should name the file that was extracted to it and edited to 0011c400 as the name

Last edited by Lance Chaffey,

GamerB

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
you need to put your .romfs in a folder called hans you create yourself on the root of sd card. from what i see you dont have that in the imageView attachment 28679

also you need braindump and after clicking braindump app in Homebrew Loader you select what title to extract and wait till it finishes the extraction for that game will be a few hours then you get folder like you see in your image then you extract it with romfs extractor and save it as .romfs not .bin then edit it then use romfs builder to build it back together then open it in HxD the press CTRL + e in HxD then under end-offset put FFF then click ok the delete what gets highlighted then save then place in folder i specified in image then put sd back in 3ds the load hans then choose yes on romfs then click ok and it should work
Some noob questions: I copy the Hans folder of the 3DS folder to the root of the SD?

GamerB

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
No. You create a "hans" folder in the SD root. Note that folder should be "hans", all with lower case.

Edit: Double ninja'd!
Well... isn´t not patched. But Updated counts?

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

no you create a new empty hans folder on the root of sd card
ok thanks

Astoria

Trophies
XP
Country
Costa Rica
now i created the folder "hans" but continues with "invalid"

You need to dump your game. Extract the romfs. modify the romfs. Build the romfs again. Delete the first FFF bytes.

That error in HANS is because you have not done that.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/IihvJBjUpNE?si=CsvoEbwzNKFf0GAm cool