Gaming Why everybody vote channel stops updating?

mslugx

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Recently I took my wii apart, and when i turn it back on. The everybody vote channel has not been updated. It stopped at which smells worse. and the day that left is 40 days or something? I just want to double check with everybody that is it normal or i messed up something?

Renegade_R

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Your problem:

You didn't turn off WiiConnect24 when you disconnected your Wii.

Second Problem:

Removing the battery resets the clock time, when you Wii does a fresh boot again, it will think its back to its release date.

Solution:

Reset your clock to its proper time, go to the Everybody Votes Channel, erase all the data there ONLY, restart the channel, works again.

My modchip is Wiikey

KakTheInfected

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
It seems since taking the battery out messes with the calender, it messes with the vote channel too. The first time I took my battery out (pre-solder some wires before my chip even arrived), the calender reverted back to the day I bought my Wii and all polls had 80+ days on them. It's not caused by modchips.

lenselijer

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
then you got the same problem as me, resetting my whole wii worked for the news channel.

you have to backup your savegames to sd card and your mii to your remote controller first.

mslugx

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Everhting else works tho, I already set my time to proper time, but still no goal. What do you mean by removing all data from everybody vote channel?

SpaceJump

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany

mslugx

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Da Foxx

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hello.

I wanted to post some info that will inevitably help some people out when they go to mod their Wii's. If you have Wiiconnect24 ON and then take out the battery in the back of the Wii and do the mod, when you start up your system again for the first time, you may notice that the Wii shows that Wiiconnect24 is turned on, BUT The forecast channel and the news channel will not update. It will either tell you that Wiiconnect24 is not on (even though it on is in the settings) OR it will tell you that it cannot download the updates for the channels. I know this sounds odd, but I had it happen on two brand new Wii's after taking out the battery on the back of the Wii.

I BELIEVE TO AVOID THIS IN THE FIRST PLACE, ALL YOU NEED TO DO IS TURN OFF WIICONNECT24 BEFORE YOU TAKE OUT THE BATTERY AND MOD YOUR SYSTEM. When you’re done modding, you can turn Wiiconnect24 back on like normal. But in case this initial problem happens to you, this is how I fixed it.

1. Turn on Wii.
2. Back up your game saves to SD card. Save Mii's to Wiimote.
3. Turn off Wiiconnect24 in your settings.
4. Turn off Wii. Unplug Wii.
5. Take out battery in back of system.
6. Plug in Wii and turn on system.
7. Make sure Wiiconnect24 is still off and format Wii memory.
8. With battery still out, turn system back on and setup all your settings.
9. Turn on Wiiconnect24 and check to make sure your news channel and forecast channel will again update and run as normal. Don’t forget you will have to set up your internet connection and time and date settings again.
10. Turn off Wii. DO NOT UNPLUG.
11. Reinstall battery.
12. That should get the updating back to normal.
13. If upon first insert of a disc, you get a read error. Unplug and plug back in the system. Everything should then be fine.

I know it sounds weird, but when I first went to take apart my Wii for a modchip install, my forecast channel crapped out. I called Nintendo and they couldn't figure it out, so they sent me a new one. When I took the battery out of the second one, it happened again. I fiddled with it, as stated above, and got it working again.

I hope this helps give a heads up before the rash of installs of Wiikey next week. Good luck in modding your Wii’s.

This post was taken from maxconsole @ http://forums.maxconsole.net/showthread.ph...&highlight=vote

I DO NOT TAKE CREDIT FOR THIS

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Had two cheeseburgers and a coke to fuel me up.