Why dont we have a "Essentials" for Movies by genre?

Deleted member 473940

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Like it says in the title
smile.gif

like right now, I was going to ask for some fantasy/fiction movies.
It would be helpful
smile.gif

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'd mainly say we don't because there's like millions of movies and maintaining any list of essential movies would be an incredible undertaking.

I'm sure almost everyone here can name at least 50 movies they enjoy and would recommend pretty easily. It'd just stack up to an unfathomably large list.

KingdomBlade

Blade v3+ (I R SHMEXY)
Trophies
Website
meekpicture.blogspot.com
XP
Country
Guild McCommunist said:
I'd mainly say we don't because there's like millions of movies and maintaining any list of essential movies would be an incredible undertaking.

I'm sure almost everyone here can name at least 50 movies they enjoy and would recommend pretty easily. It'd just stack up to an unfathomably large list.
That's quite true.

Although I thought of an alternative idea. Each person only says their single most favorite movie, and we sort them by genre. Then, instead of number of votes, just list the persons who voted on that particular movie.

That way, we have a sort of list of movies recommended by other tempers to watch instead of a gigantic essentials thread. Sounds like a good idea? I'd be glad to make something of the sort if it's a good idea.

Deleted member 473940

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
KingdomBlade said:
Guild McCommunist said:

That's quite true.

Although I thought of an alternative idea. Each person only says their single most favorite movie, and we sort them by genre. Then, instead of number of votes, just list the persons who voted on that particular movie.

That way, we have a sort of list of movies recommended by other tempers to watch instead of a gigantic essentials thread. Sounds like a good idea?
AGREE with you both.
But, instead of single favourite movie, how about 5? A reasonable number? lol
or anything from 3-5. If anyone wants to organize it that is..

KingdomBlade

Blade v3+ (I R SHMEXY)
Trophies
Website
meekpicture.blogspot.com
XP
Country
Tanveer said:
KingdomBlade said:
Guild McCommunist said:

That's quite true.

That way, we have a sort of list of movies recommended by other tempers to watch instead of a gigantic essentials thread. Sounds like a good idea?
AGREE with you both.
But, instead of single favourite movie, how about 5? A reasonable number? lol
or anything from 3-5. If anyone wants to organize it that is..
3 or 5 sound like decent numbers. I'd be glad to make it right now, if everyone thinks it's cool.

Another would be to just give your favorite for each base genre. (Drama, Action, Epic/Adventure, Comedy, Horror, Animation)

x17th

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Since this sounds close to what I might have asked about, I suppose there's an anime, and manga essentials. I mean if they really want to make an essentials for movies, I like your limited or "favorite" movie lists, but if no one does that, there are "anime" movies.

I'm not super fond of these anime movies, but there isn't a dramatic amount of them compared to every movie that exists.

Course not everyone likes anime movies (I don't really care what it is, as long as it's interesting)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Maximumbeans @ Maximumbeans: butte