Why dont we have a "Essentials" for Movies by genre?

MrShawnTRods

Well-Known Member
Member
Joined
Mar 26, 2011
Messages
4,646
Trophies
0
XP
1,077
Country
United Kingdom
Like it says in the title
smile.gif
.

like right now, I was going to ask for some fantasy/fiction movies.
It would be helpful
smile.gif
.
 

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Member
Joined
May 6, 2009
Messages
18,148
Trophies
0
Age
28
Location
The Danger Zone
XP
10,212
Country
United States
I'd mainly say we don't because there's like millions of movies and maintaining any list of essential movies would be an incredible undertaking.

I'm sure almost everyone here can name at least 50 movies they enjoy and would recommend pretty easily. It'd just stack up to an unfathomably large list.
 

KingdomBlade

Blade v3+ (I R SHMEXY)
Member
Joined
Apr 24, 2009
Messages
2,941
Trophies
0
Age
24
Location
In Vulpes' Fur
Website
meekpicture.blogspot.com
XP
573
Country
Guild McCommunist said:
I'd mainly say we don't because there's like millions of movies and maintaining any list of essential movies would be an incredible undertaking.

I'm sure almost everyone here can name at least 50 movies they enjoy and would recommend pretty easily. It'd just stack up to an unfathomably large list.
That's quite true.

Although I thought of an alternative idea. Each person only says their single most favorite movie, and we sort them by genre. Then, instead of number of votes, just list the persons who voted on that particular movie.

That way, we have a sort of list of movies recommended by other tempers to watch instead of a gigantic essentials thread. Sounds like a good idea? I'd be glad to make something of the sort if it's a good idea.
 

MrShawnTRods

Well-Known Member
Member
Joined
Mar 26, 2011
Messages
4,646
Trophies
0
XP
1,077
Country
United Kingdom
KingdomBlade said:
Guild McCommunist said:
I'd mainly say we don't because there's like millions of movies and maintaining any list of essential movies would be an incredible undertaking.

I'm sure almost everyone here can name at least 50 movies they enjoy and would recommend pretty easily. It'd just stack up to an unfathomably large list.
That's quite true.

Although I thought of an alternative idea. Each person only says their single most favorite movie, and we sort them by genre. Then, instead of number of votes, just list the persons who voted on that particular movie.

That way, we have a sort of list of movies recommended by other tempers to watch instead of a gigantic essentials thread. Sounds like a good idea?
AGREE with you both.
But, instead of single favourite movie, how about 5? A reasonable number? lol
or anything from 3-5. If anyone wants to organize it that is..
 

KingdomBlade

Blade v3+ (I R SHMEXY)
Member
Joined
Apr 24, 2009
Messages
2,941
Trophies
0
Age
24
Location
In Vulpes' Fur
Website
meekpicture.blogspot.com
XP
573
Country
Tanveer said:
KingdomBlade said:
Guild McCommunist said:
I'd mainly say we don't because there's like millions of movies and maintaining any list of essential movies would be an incredible undertaking.

I'm sure almost everyone here can name at least 50 movies they enjoy and would recommend pretty easily. It'd just stack up to an unfathomably large list.
That's quite true.

Although I thought of an alternative idea. Each person only says their single most favorite movie, and we sort them by genre. Then, instead of number of votes, just list the persons who voted on that particular movie.

That way, we have a sort of list of movies recommended by other tempers to watch instead of a gigantic essentials thread. Sounds like a good idea?
AGREE with you both.
But, instead of single favourite movie, how about 5? A reasonable number? lol
or anything from 3-5. If anyone wants to organize it that is..
3 or 5 sound like decent numbers. I'd be glad to make it right now, if everyone thinks it's cool.

Another would be to just give your favorite for each base genre. (Drama, Action, Epic/Adventure, Comedy, Horror, Animation)
 

x17th

Member
Newcomer
Joined
Jun 7, 2011
Messages
7
Trophies
0
Age
27
XP
61
Country
United States
Since this sounds close to what I might have asked about, I suppose there's an anime, and manga essentials. I mean if they really want to make an essentials for movies, I like your limited or "favorite" movie lists, but if no one does that, there are "anime" movies.

I'm not super fond of these anime movies, but there isn't a dramatic amount of them compared to every movie that exists.

Course not everyone likes anime movies (I don't really care what it is, as long as it's interesting)
 
General chit-chat
Help Users
  • kenenthk @ kenenthk:
    Ebay
    Gift
  • gudenau @ gudenau:
    Oh great.
    Gift
  • gudenau @ gudenau:
    It's a Linux bug.
    Gift
  • gudenau @ gudenau:
    Well a bug with their Linux drivers or something.
    Gift
  • gudenau @ gudenau:
    It captures 2x the amount of packets on Windows 10 in a freaking VM where USB access is slower/more latent.
    Gift
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    what is this piece of hardware @gudenau
    Gift
  • gudenau @ gudenau:
    Beagle 480
    Gift
  • T-hug @ T-hug:
    Dune 2021 1080p HDRip X264 AC3-EVO
    Gift
  • kenenthk @ kenenthk:
    Dune? Reminds me of seeing my ex naked
    Gift
  • mr_switch @ mr_switch:
    Oh yeah Dune movie is out, watching it later
    Gift
  • mr_switch @ mr_switch:
    Here is hoping 2022 is a good year for DC cinematic universe
    Gift
  • gudenau @ gudenau:
    Honestly don't really know what Dune is.
    Gift
  • gudenau @ gudenau:
    Anyone here know much about Jetbrains InteliJ Idea?
    Gift
  • Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight:
    Oh, T-hug was here :blink:
    Gift
  • Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight:
    Hey, where the admins at? Come in the chat. I got a idea. How bout a Sound notification or something when someone tags you in chat? :ninja:
    Gift
  • DinohScene @ DinohScene:
    Post it in the v8 feedback thread
    Gift
  • Gift
  • OzKenny1983 @ OzKenny1983:
    Post what sorry? I'm guessing we were talking about this ages ago, but I haven't been on GBATemp in almost a year so my memory is failing me :-/
    Gift
  • DinohScene @ DinohScene:
    feedback and or bugs that may have popped up since the migration to XenForo 2!
    Gift
  • OzKenny1983 @ OzKenny1983:
    Umm...I think you might have the wrong person, since that may as well have been written in Chinese. I have nothing to do with the management of this site, nor have I ever been involved. I'm just a member, and hardly even qualify as that...like I said my last post was almost a year ago lol
    Gift
  • DinohScene @ DinohScene:
    Lol no, Sonic Angel Knight had an idea, best would be to post it in that thread haha
    Gift
  • OzKenny1983 @ OzKenny1983:
    Sorry, don't know Sonic Angel Knight either...
    Gift
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    this new xenforo version keeps logging me out, whyh
    Gift
  • godreborn @ godreborn:
    not sure. I haven't had that issue. the only computer related issue I've been having is with my isp and the smtp server getting authentication errors randomly. I'm going to have to call them again. this started happening again after changing my password.
    Gift
  • godreborn @ godreborn:
    you may have to check the box that says "stay signed in." psx place used to have a problem like this for random people, including myself. that will prevent being logged out or it did anyway.
    Gift
    godreborn @ godreborn: you may have to check the box that says "stay signed in." psx place used to have a problem like...