Why don't they...

Discussion in 'R4 DS' started by khan, Mar 12, 2007.

Mar 12, 2007

Why don't they... by khan at 2:36 PM (1,013 Views / 0 Likes) 7 replies

1. khan
    OP

Member khan GBAtemp Maniac

Pakistan
    Hi all,

I was wondering why don't all those Slot-1/Slot-2 carts support their respective DLDI patches integraded into the firmware, so you could just place the .nds and it would be patched on the fly just like ROMs. good idea? [​IMG]

It would cust out alot of time, especially for noobs.

2. xalphax

Member xalphax Internet killed the Ponystar.

Croatia
    nice idea, would be realy comfortable

3. Costello

Administrator Costello Headmaster

I agree, sounds like an excellent idea. But I don't know if all manufacturers know about DLDI...
    But is it even technically possible? how does the cart tell whether the game that's being loaded is a homebrew and requires DLDI ? there must be a way...

anyhow yeah it's an excellent idea, I'll forward the idea to the R4 team [​IMG]

4. Killermech

Member Killermech Cookie Monster

Sweden
    There are two ways that would work. First if they have the r4 patch every .nds extension file, since when it patches a non dldi supported dldi file. Nothing will happend, no error, won't mess up the file nothing. So having an extra 1 sec of loading would be something noone would even notice.

Secondly they could use the reset function as guidance. Since the reset feature will only work on roms, but doing the other way but for dldi and homebrew supporting nds files instead.

These are naturally only theories, but I don't see why it couldn't be doable.

5. -EX-

Banned -EX- Racer

Japan
    Actually, the check is very easy to do. The same way the chishm's patcher does it. Because homebrew either has a dldi sector or does not have it. So, it's quite easy to check it upon loading a rom.

6. bobrules

Member bobrules GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Canada
    Good idea, but with the GUI-patcher, a noob like me can do it no problem.

7. khan
    OP

Member khan GBAtemp Maniac

Pakistan
    Whilst it is true, but would you not like to just throw .nds onto MicroSD and not worry about opening any programs and patching? [​IMG]

8. TLSpartan

Member TLSpartan Kills threads

Australia
    dldi patching is really easy. theres no point. sort of like sterilizing the needle they use for the lethal injection.