Hardware Why don't people unlink their NANDs?

BringusStudios

OP
Trophies
Website
bringus.studio
XP
Country
United States
I'm seeing a lot of problems that people are having with emunand/nnid/whatever, and unlinking NANDs can usually solve the problems that they're having. Thing is though, some people are FULLY AWARE that they can unlink their NANDs, they just choose not to. So my question is, why don't people unlink their NANDs? What's the benefit to having them linked?

Last edited by BringusStudios,

m45t3r

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Brazil
The only thing I know it is better in linked NANDs is GBA VC/DSiWare games, because you don't need to install them on both NANDs to play on emuNAND. For me at least, I prefer to just install them on sysNAND and play from it.

doctorgoat

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm seeing a lot of problems that people are having with emunand/nnid/whatever, and unlinking NANDs can usually solve the problems that they're having. Thing is though, some people are FULLY AWARE that they can unlink their NANDs, they just choose not to. So my question is, why don't people unlink their NANDs? What's the benefit to having them linked?

What's the benefit of unlinking if I'm not having problems?

Reactions: OiNoww

Kafke

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I did this for a while. The main benefit for me was to allow all my purchased/legit stuff on my emunand, but also keep my sysnand legitimate in case I ever want to ditch emunand (which I actually ended up doing at one point when pasta first came out). Needless to say, my current set up is a bit more complex, and indeed has unlinked NANDS (though my O3DS emuNand is still linked with my N3DS sysNand, which is problematic).

Abcdfv

What comes around goes around.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have my nand linked so I can play my eshop purchases if I don't have my gateway/dstwo around to get back in to emunand. I've never had any problems, so if it ain't broke, don't fix it

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Least they got head in the end