Homebrew Why doesn't my Wii fully turn off when using homebrew?

Sloshy

OP
Trophies
Website
piecesoflint.wordpress.com
XP
Country
United States
I've been using homebrew of various kinds ever since the Twilight Hack was released a long while ago. Everything works pretty much 100% fine, except for one minor annoyance: when I use homebrew, most of the time my Wii doesn't shut off. When I launch games with Gecko OS (retail), load a channel from WiiExplorer (awesome homebrew BTW), though software like WiiMC or USBLoaderGX works fine. All of the ones that don't shut my Wii down just return me to the Wii's System Menu when I use the power button on my remote. Is there a reason for this, or is it settings-related? Does anybody else have this annoyance?

XFlak

Wiitired but still kicking
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
It effects all homebrew, just differently. For example, if u have priiloader settings configured to ignore idle (or w/e the setting called to always shut down the wii to red instead of yellow) even powering down the wii while in the HBC or any homebrew will not shut down to red, but to yellow instead. Other apps are somehow effected differently and will return to the System menu. Disabling wiiconnect 24 fixes both problems.

I can't tell you why it is the way it is (maybe some1 else can)... but it just is

OriginalHamster

UStealthy
Trophies
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
I use wiiconnect24 on, and full shutdown works with SaveGame GX too, maybe is a code problem?
I have the same problem you say with WiiXplorer, I even open a issue in its google code page.

PPSainity

Blinded by Science
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I have enabled Priiloader's ignore standby option enabled and do find that certain homebrew will standby instead of shutdown. I always just assumed it was due to the way the homebrew was written. Assuming that some honored the true system setting (standby enabled in my case) while others didn't.

I just exit out of the problematic homebrew app to the SM and then power down using the WiiMote. Not much of hassle for me.

-[]D

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: "Now I know why he took his own life"