Homebrew WHY DOES WUP GX2 INSTALLER HIT 76%, & THEN SAY USB DEVICE NOT DETECTED

Polpez

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi to all . please help/ assist/ advise. I have successfully installed HTTYD 2, Minecraft & MK8 from disk to Western Digital Elements 320GB hard drive (correctly formatted) & using Y cable. 32GB SD card is Fat 32 formatted in 32KB size clusters. However ever since, any other game that I try to install hits 76% on WUP GX2 and then states that no usb device is detected. As such I have disabled quick start menu & I have also found and disabled hidden menu in data management to send external hard drive to sleep. For the past 24 hours I have been clueless as to the issue???

Any words of wisdom from those far more knowledgeable than myself will be appreciated greatly.

My efforts (in vain) are for a 7 year old lad who has come from a rough background.

Kudos to all.

Alexander1970

XP not matters.
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
Maybe the HDD puts itself to "Stand By"......there is the Term called Power-up in standby (PUIS)
Some WD Drives (also SATA) has/have a Jumper to turn this on/off,some needs a Tool to set it up (please look at the WD Hompeage for it).

Alexander1970

XP not matters.
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
Maybe this helps you:

Place the jumper on pins 3 and 4 to enable PM2 mode on Western Digital SATA drives that support PM2.
These are the top and bottom Pins,second from the right.
PM2 mode enables you to power up the drive while in standby mode using the ATA standard control signup command on a multi-drive server or workstation.

Polpez

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Thanks for response. Hard drive light continually blinking even when error message shows. As such would your advise above still apply? I will try what you advise when I get a moment. Any other recommendations?

Polpez

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi Alexander - thankyou for your efforts. How do I do what you are advising? If I connect external hard drive to PC, I get bing bong sound but hard drive does not show up due to being in Wii U format?

Dust2dust

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
You could also try using WUP installer Y mod, which does the same as GX2 but without the GUI. Just pay attention to what you read on screen, and press the appropriate button.

Polpez

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I have reconnected hard drive to Wii U - HTTYD2 & Minecraft play fine, MK8 has an update issue that I will focus on much later. I now offer a £20 UK sterling reward via paypal to whoever can help me work these bugs out.

Polpez

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I have done a fresh install of WUP GX2 from a different source - same story - no USB device detected at 76%. I have tried three different games (Bayonetta 2 14GB, Batman Arkham City 18GB & Rayman Ledgends 9GB) & all three games irrespective of game size fail at 76%. I shall now try connecting one end of y cable to mains power. If that does not work I shall try a second hard drive which is identical to the first. The two identical hard drives that I have were released in June 2012 - I do not believe that PUIS (power up in stand by) was created at this time. Does no one else have any input???

Polpez

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Right then - I am unable to install games from copying my discs using disc2app! As per title WUP GX2 shows no USB device at 76%. However I am able to install the same games successfully using WII U USB Helper/ Installer??? What the heck would cause this issue???

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: good night